Open the Box Method

Discuss Barcrest Fruit Machines Here..
Dynamike

Post by Dynamike »

[quote="Matt Vinyl"]Why don't they listen to us and clone TAW! Or even another Red / Blue would be brilliant! ]

I think a petition should be started. A £35 Vamp or Wobbler would be great if they played in the same manner.
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

ssgtsnelly wrote:suewly the fact that it lets you get to 99 nudges in the 1st place is a sign on natural progression and it would be in a decent mood anyways, its not like you can get to that point on every board it will stop you
please dont tell me thats the thing jeff was tryin to sell for a tener
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

I'll give you a clue. It takes batteries.
theoak

Post by theoak »

A Vibrator?
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Thats gotta be right oak. Cause that machine can definatley go f*ck itself. :D
theoak

Post by theoak »

:D
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

Obviously a torch/Laser pen on the screen.............Duh brains./
alcozar

Post by alcozar »

Got done big time on this yesterday, should never have played it and wouldn't if i hadn't seen someone lose £30ish on it (thought i'd steal a tenner or so).

Switched it to 50p megaspins, did absoulutely nothing for £21. Put the £22nd pound in, got the gamble for nudges and nudged in £8.

Here's the good part, for whatever reason at that point the strim alarm went off as soon as £8 nudged in. Since nothing had been banked (couldn't even play the feature), had no way of proving how it had robbed me after machine turned off/on (they could easily say i lost the hi-lo gambles which i never got to attempt), £22 lost.

Gutted.... never touching this machine again unless i get something good on it one day, worst barcrest ive played yet....
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Played one of these for the first time yesterday. After recalling what has been said on here, I was cautious to say the least! Anyway, after about £10 in, I got super stoppa that landed on the 99 nudges. 8 keys were offered, both JP's (Cash and Feature side) were red. First shot on the cash - JP!

Next board got a flash for a £45 MS. ;)

Went back to the pub about 3 hours later, and my mate put £20 in and got another £70 from the 99 nudges - 8 shots and a MS in his 'box' after being offered OTB twice. :shock:
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Dynamike

Post by Dynamike »

I've only had a couple of tries on this, just a couple of quid here and there. It seems really disgusting although on a couple of occasions it's given JP on the first deal on the OTB feature which was nice. Othewise, it seems like a real heinous piece of work.
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

I think it's utter garbage. Went in a pub yesterday dropped £85 out of vortex (£70 top/£10 SS for £40 in then dropped £85 out of a £25 JP Jailbirds (JP 2 repeats then a £10 cashpot) for £45 in then had a few quid on this. Backing off 1st quid and cost £8 for a board that killed me higher than a 3 gambling from £1.60 to £2. End result ploughed about £40 through it to win around £30 mainly from box wins, the most being £12.
From the few goes i've had of this (1 being putting in over £120 to finally get an MS for a flat £35) I've noticed that
1. It's hard to get on nudges
2. The bonus rarely puts you on more than 1 nudge if on nudges at all.
3. nudge gambles are harsh
4. rarely have more than £2 on nudges less than 7 nudges.
5. Very harsh on hi/lo gambles 3/10
6. puts too many mid-range numbers in.

It's just pure evil and I either don't bother with it or play for a board and take what I can.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
mattrick

Post by mattrick »

alcozar wrote:Here's the good part, for whatever reason at that point the strim alarm went off as soon as £8 nudged in. Since nothing had been banked (couldn't even play the feature), had no way of proving how it had robbed me after machine turned off/on (they could easily say i lost the hi-lo gambles which i never got to attempt), £22 lost.
You werent in that spoons in Bolton by any chance cos it did the same fucking thing to me a few weeks ago.
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

I was in Bolton a couple of weeks ago and for the first time in a long while there wasn't much to shout about, even though I made on the good old VIU and AF. :D

Hey Mattrick if you go Bolton do you go to the arcade with Legal Tender, IJ and GZWI, if so, is it well covered cause I never do too well in there. :wink:
alcozar

Post by alcozar »

mattrick wrote:
alcozar wrote:Here's the good part, for whatever reason at that point the strim alarm went off as soon as £8 nudged in. Since nothing had been banked (couldn't even play the feature), had no way of proving how it had robbed me after machine turned off/on (they could easily say i lost the hi-lo gambles which i never got to attempt), £22 lost.
You werent in that spoons in Bolton by any chance cos it did the same fucking thing to me a few weeks ago.
It was a pub i'd never been in before in Manchester (started to search beyond my usual pubs for new machines to play) , scary to think the strim alarm thing is common on these........ thought i'd be only one who got robbed this way.
Stopnstep

Post by Stopnstep »

gambogaz1 wrote: 1. It's hard to get on nudges
2. The bonus rarely puts you on more than 1 nudge if on nudges at all.
3. nudge gambles are harsh
4. rarely have more than £2 on nudges less than 7 nudges.
5. Very harsh on hi/lo gambles 3/10
6. puts too many mid-range numbers in.
On the rare occasions I play this it I never have a problem with the nudge side, it is the gamble up the cash side which apalls me. Blocks gallore and so many middle numbers spun in that you never win on. Best thing I do is just take your shots when offered rather than gambling.