take your pick

Discuss Barcrest Fruit Machines Here..
MATT99

take your pick

Post by MATT99 »

new barcrest called take your pick. second board, gambled to mega streak to my shock, gave 45 quid. £35 jp 50p stake
Attachments
take_yr_pick_machine_764.jpg
take_yr_pick_150.jpg
danthedude66

Post by danthedude66 »

where is it??
is it in east anglia??
i hate swede
milk monitor

??

Post by milk monitor »

Looks, to a certain extent, like a clone of the 10+ years old barcrest of the same name.

The two locks and nudges are very similar, somebody on this site has the old picture as their graphic.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake. WC FIELDS (1880-1946)
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Blimey! It is a remake of that old machine with a few added features. :shock:

The original was the second fruit I'd ever played... ;)

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."

Post by Guest »

Wow :shock: ... Old school or what.

How do you unlock the top board??
Is it something to do with the number of keys??
spa

Post by spa »

Nice Matt, where did you get the pic from?

It looks like the old one yes, but also borrows from the club version with the extra wins at the top. Can't remember, think the top on the clubber was called cash buster? You get all the keys and it gives you 1 from the top.
MATT99

Post by MATT99 »

i took a pic from my moby phone lol !! its in peterbug pub outskirts
Scott

Re: ??

Post by Scott »

milk monitor wrote:Looks, to a certain extent, like a clone of the 10+ years old barcrest of the same name.

The two locks and nudges are very similar, somebody on this site has the old picture as their graphic.
exactly what i thought... so yeah wot he said.

p.s the avatar is triton i think :wink:
Cobwebs 👆
Firefox

Post by Firefox »

Used to be quite a good m/c. The clubber especially could be forced for all keys and quite liked to give big tops and even jackpots. If I remember rightly ours was a £200 jackpot and the fastest way to obtain all keys was to go for "let em spin" on three cashpots which was either £30 or £35 and which would nearly always give the required number of keys to unlock the top.

actually thinking back it may have been swag bags and not cashpots symbols can't remember!

also, if just playing for small wins then the old gamble once, shuffle reels keep repeating used to eventually bring a win in within one nudge.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

I remember playing the old £8 one yonks ago. Was an ok machine, but not something i'd hope barcrest would remake! :x
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

That machine looks crap looks like no effort has gone into it.
justice For The 96
rocket

Post by rocket »

I agree...if that was in an old cabinet, I'd have said it was yonks old. Just looks boring...i could have designed that ffs!
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

I saw one of these last night

OMG it looks so bad
How on earth have they come up with this
Just looking at it puts you off
Awful
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

I'm trying to remember the name of the old Barcrest machine that was based on this old one - It had the same turbo gamble on the nudges (which there were loads of), going from left to right, and the object was to gamble the nudges high enough to bring down a good win on the reels.

It would give you a feature from a number of different features and cash prizes in the middle, and you could shuffle it to be awarded a different feature at the cost of one position on the cash trail. The good features were gold and the lesser ones were silver.

When it gave a repeat chance, the machine would say 'Ready to Rock You Again!' then the light on the repeat chance wheel would spin round.

When it gave Jackpot, it would say 'This is the one that you've been waiting for...'

In it's day, these were in ALL the pubs - same sort of time as Jolly Gems. They were mainly on £10 Jackpots. Anyone remember the name?
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
ob

Post by ob »

yeh I know the one you mean - cash lines or summat like that wasnt it.