take your pick

Discuss Barcrest Fruit Machines Here..
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Cash Lines - that's the one.

You've won the cup of tea :)
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
MATT99

Post by MATT99 »

thats rare machine. bit poor anyway. i used to love rocky horror show, fire and ice. real classic
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

MATT99 wrote:thats rare machine. bit poor anyway. i used to love rocky horror show, fire and ice. real classic
I remember Rocky Horror - who made it? (..and I don't mean Richard O'Brien btw)

All the feature, nudge, cash etc pots were in test tubes if I remember correctly...
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
MATT99

Post by MATT99 »

barcrest made that rocky horror show.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

...and you can play all of these on the emus... ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
discostu

Post by discostu »

nixxy wrote:I'm trying to remember the name of the old Barcrest machine that was based on this old one - It had the same turbo gamble on the nudges (which there were loads of), going from left to right, and the object was to gamble the nudges high enough to bring down a good win on the reels.

It would give you a feature from a number of different features and cash prizes in the middle, and you could shuffle it to be awarded a different feature at the cost of one position on the cash trail. The good features were gold and the lesser ones were silver.

When it gave a repeat chance, the machine would say 'Ready to Rock You Again!' then the light on the repeat chance wheel would spin round.

When it gave Jackpot, it would say 'This is the one that you've been waiting for...'

In it's day, these were in ALL the pubs - same sort of time as Jolly Gems. They were mainly on £10 Jackpots. Anyone remember the name?
Cash Machine was very similar to take your pick.

Also Place your bets and Bucaneer!
theoak

Post by theoak »

wasnt top tenner the same as buccaneer?
JG

Post by JG »

Not forgetting MAke A Mint
STEVIE1888

Post by STEVIE1888 »

discostu wrote:
nixxy wrote:I'm trying to remember the name of the old Barcrest machine that was based on this old one - It had the same turbo gamble on the nudges (which there were loads of), going from left to right, and the object was to gamble the nudges high enough to bring down a good win on the reels.

It would give you a feature from a number of different features and cash prizes in the middle, and you could shuffle it to be awarded a different feature at the cost of one position on the cash trail. The good features were gold and the lesser ones were silver.

When it gave a repeat chance, the machine would say 'Ready to Rock You Again!' then the light on the repeat chance wheel would spin round.

When it gave Jackpot, it would say 'This is the one that you've been waiting for...'

In it's day, these were in ALL the pubs - same sort of time as Jolly Gems. They were mainly on £10 Jackpots. Anyone remember the name?
Cash Machine was very similar to take your pick.

Also Place your bets and Bucaneer!
its called CASHLINES
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Right, there is now a take your pick here which i played today!

Short story of it all....in halves with a mate. Chased it, was £29 in for £35 MS. Rechased it after that, and was exactly £50 in when we got the 2nd MS which did a full £75.

Basically its a fairly boring machine. Same feautres as CADD. Highest fruit win available is £10! (Red sevens). No £25 JP win, you need to get the £10 and gamble up. When you get shots, if you land on take your pick it eliminates a few of the cash boxes in the pyramid, then you can basically 'deal or no deal'. Your box is predetermined, and you accept/reject based on whats on the pyramid.

Basically it was boring!
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

discostu wrote:..Also Place your bets and Bucaneer!
Buccaneer had the nudge matrix thingy, didn't it? But yeah - a similar way of awarding the prizes from the middle section by shuffling at a cost of one cash amount.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Right, i had a huuuuuuuuuuge session on the £35 one of these here yesterday.

Full (in a spoons, so not full really), it offered me £3rpt in red and £8 on the first board. Good enough for me, i chased it. Cost me about £40 to get a MS, which did £45. Next board £10 shotted again, so i reforced it. All of my bank goes in, doesn't go past £15. My £60 spare float goes through it, and i get to £20 twice and it loses. So now i'm about £105 into it. £10 note in - no joy. Another £10 in - still not there. Third £10 note in it finally goes - for a lovely flat £35. £130 in, £35 back now. The board after gambles to £35, then loses gambling to MS. 2 boards later it goes in again, and does a £40 MS. I then decide to start banking stuff up...and the machine starts to go bonkers! After taking a good times for £12, i get another board. Everything lights up red, and its a flash IM. Flat £35 MS, but very unexpected! I take good times twice more (once in red), a red hit it, a red find the pea, and by this point i'm only £20 odd down. It then gives a super stoppa bonus for 12 nudges. £10 is there. Using the shots it gives me, it lands on £35 on the cash. Nab that, and run. Keyed it, and it was £155 off after i'd collected up. Somehow i'd managed to make money on it! Insane. I think blocking that long it had to go huge really, but i was a bit edgy after that flat £35!
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

A week on, and almost exactly the same thing on this today!

After a good hours play, i finally rolled it. Went for:

£35 MS
£75 MS
£35 MS
£20 box
£12 Good Times
£15 box
£5 Cash Link

Shoved a good £150 odd through the machine to get that lot out though, the first MS not coming until i was about £110 in. The rest follwed quickly after though. At least i know it rolls big now.....just wish it wouldn't take £100+ to go though! (This was £4rp red and £8 nudge win ready from the off).
mattrick

Post by mattrick »

Mattb wrote:A week on, and almost exactly the same thing on this today!

After a good hours play, i finally rolled it. Went for:

£35 MS
£75 MS
£35 MS
£20 box
£12 Good Times
£15 box
£5 Cash Link

Shoved a good £150 odd through the machine to get that lot out though, the first MS not coming until i was about £110 in. The rest follwed quickly after though. At least i know it rolls big now.....just wish it wouldn't take £100+ to go though! (This was £4rp red and £8 nudge win ready from the off).
Will have to remember this when they eventually get this m/c in my neck of the woods in 2023!!