Help with MPU5 settings? (with pictures)

Discuss Barcrest Fruit Machines Here..
Purple Aki

Help with MPU5 settings? (with pictures)

Post by Purple Aki »

Hi my wifes "Monty Python" Barcrest is stuck in demo mode, any idea how we can set it up for play so she can start playing it properly?
Currently its set in 25p play, £25 JP which is cool but it keeps giving us free credits and paying jackpot out on every 3 effin roll.
Gutted cos I bought this machine for her birthday and we aint been able to play yet!
Below is a picture of the MPU5 unit, can it be done here?
Cheers for any help
P
admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

It wont be anything to do with the switches on the MPU, they are only for percentage, jackpot and price of play etc.

Have you checked that the big push switch next to the door is wired up? When closed, the door should push the switch in to take it out of test/demo mode. Same goes for the white switch inside the cash door.

If the wires are not connected (or if the switch has been slightly moved so that the door will no press it when closed), the machine will stay in demo mode.

Hope this helps.

MIke.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Yep, stuck in free play mode. Pointless really, not real at all!

It also stays in freeplay if the cabinet top glass isn't secured shut properly, and if the bottom door isn't closed properly. Basically what mike said, if that switch isn't pushed when it closes, free play will stay on!

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Purple Aki

Post by Purple Aki »

Gotcha! Saying invalid key now but hopfully the refill key i've ordered will sort that?
BTW just found £47.85 in dusty coins on one of the shelves! Only paid a Tenner for the machine :lol:
Thanks guys for your help
P
admin

Post by admin »

Glad to be of some help.

Invalid key... Have you been playing about with the switches on the MPU? Its nothing to do with a refill key, it means the mpu dip switches are not set to a valid combination. (i think)
Purple Aki

Post by Purple Aki »

I'll put them back :o ops:
admin

Post by admin »

:D hope you wrote them down
Purple Aki

Post by Purple Aki »

Still sayin invalid key. The manual says i must have the key or it will display this message!
Aggghhh there goin in the skip!
Not even tried to sort the other one :roll:
P
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

Purple Aki wrote:Still sayin invalid key. The manual says i must have the key or it will display this message!
Aggghhh there goin in the skip!
Not even tried to sort the other one :roll:
P
naa, dont skip it,

its worth well over £100 on ebay

the dip switches will screw you over, you need to set the dips to not add the extra 1% to the %age key, this will bring it above 71% and the machine should work..

you need the mpu5 service manual, hold onto the machine till i can find a copy and work out whats going on
Purple Aki

Post by Purple Aki »

Cheers matey :D
Any help would be great! Missus is gutted
P
gmapearl

Invalid Key

Post by gmapearl »

This means the Stake / Jackpot key you have in the machine is not supported by the machine. Try and find a £25 30p key and you will have more chance of it working. The refill key you are talking about lets you access the hopper balance and a few other menus, not really much use. It a 'STAKE JACKPOT KEY' you need!!!
taps

Post by taps »

hi mate looking at your picture you already have an adjustable stake prize (top set of removable dips) key, you wont need a new one, you will just need to find the right settings for the dip switches has some machines can only be set to certain settings. sorry i can,t help you out with settings for that.

but i have the settings for the percentage key if you need them.
Purple Aki

Post by Purple Aki »

taps wrote:hi mate looking at your picture you already have an adjustable stake prize (top set of removable dips) key, you wont need a new one, you will just need to find the right settings for the dip switches has some machines can only be set to certain settings. sorry i can,t help you out with settings for that.

but i have the settings for the percentage key if you need them.
Yes mate that would be a great help. :D
Cheers
P
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

err, from what i can remember from my old PCB, the switches on the % key should never line up,

take one of the ouitside ones of the 4 and move it so you have 3 in one direction and 1 in the other.. not sure what % it will set at but should get something other than an error
taps

Post by taps »

these are the setting for the adjustable percentage key.

hope they help