Anyone with MPU6 Experience? How to Flash USB Prog or Backup one???

Discuss Barcrest Fruit Machines Here..
MarkyMarkUK

Anyone with MPU6 Experience? How to Flash USB Prog or Backup one???

Post by MarkyMarkUK »

I have the MPU6 system, and wondered if there is anyway to backup the game (Hot as Hell) on to a USB stick, so in the event I get a memory corrupt or other such error, I will have a copy of the game on USB that I can re-load. Any thoughts or ideas appreciated. If I can't backup, where would I get a copy of the game to download????

Cheers
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

i dont think you can back up a game from the mpu6.
barcrest won't sell you a copy of the program either unless you have an operators license.

another problem you will face if you manage to get a copy is that there is a hidden identifier chip behing the lamp dirver board at the top of machine. I am not enitrely sure how the chip works but if you procure a copy though "unoffical" channels, you run the risk of getting the dreaded "wrong charactiser/ bad I.D. cell" alarm....
MarkyMarkUK

Post by MarkyMarkUK »

thanks Buzzer. I guessed it wouldn't be easy!!! Just wondered what happens if the MPU6 breaks down, I know you can buy replacements from ebay, but if they don't have the game on them, or your not able to transfer game to it, where's the point in buying a second hand mpu6 from ebay?????? Maybe I'm being dumb here!!!!
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

there no real point, barcrest have pulled out all the stops to make owning one of their machines privately as difficult as possible