Barcrest supernova red lightx2 green light x1 ?????

Discuss Barcrest Fruit Machines Here..
Adam0113

Barcrest supernova red lightx2 green light x1 ?????

Post by Adam0113 »

I have new machine there's power to the inside but showing this error code Iv had a read about is it something to do with the ram I have ordered a new mpu5 unit on ebay was this what I needed to do there's no life to the outside what so ever just the lights on the mpu5 4 green then another flashing red twice and green once get bk to me please thanks
Adam0113

Post by Adam0113 »

Any ideas anyone?
duomat

Post by duomat »

is there any sign of battery damage on the mpu.Sounds like it isthat at fault.The mpu is the machines brain and without that like us its dead.You will need to swap over the chips from your mpu to the new one as they hold the game and audio info.So if the eproms are at fault it still wont work.Mpu5 is generally quite reliable.
Adam0113

Post by Adam0113 »

I have a new mpu5 on the way but will it work if I place the programme module in with the new mpu5 will it all be set up and I also was told that when I replace mpu5 all switches to the left is this correct and if it won't work what will I need to do to get all then and sorry it's 2 red 1 green the status light I was told it was just the mpu5 I needed to replace so do I need to take boards from my old mpu5 is this an easy job ?
duomat

Post by duomat »

should be,ive never replaced one of these.The module will just plug in,but under the plastic cover there may well be 32 leg eproms.16 each side.or 16 leg,8 each side.Any removable chip ie,not soldered to board willneed swapping over .You can get a tool for this or very carefully prize up with a flat blade screwdriver bit by bit from each end.Just dont bend any pins or crack the black casing.note the notch on one end of chip,that will be shown on the board so it goes in right way round.If it has a security chip youmay well have more problems.But one step at a time
Adam0113

Post by Adam0113 »

In the module casing ?
Adam0113

Post by Adam0113 »

wont all its info be in the programme module ? As I'm putting my current module in the new mpu5 ?