front top door fitting

Discuss Barcrest Fruit Machines Here..
duomat

front top door fitting

Post by duomat »

I have a barcrest happy campers.The red plastic front door has cracked at the back,and now wont close,I was thinking about fitting a new door and fitting all original bits back into the new frame .has anyone done this and is it worth it.
JG

Post by JG »

It's a common problem with this cabinet. The arms don't stop the ribbed bezel from pushing against the top of the cabinet when front fully open. It'll have forced the bezel over the locking nuts. I'm not sure how easy it is to fix. Whenever I've seen it in an arcade, the entire moulding gets replaced. If its like machines I've owned, you can adjust locking mechanisms.
JG
dog section

Post by dog section »

yea my indy skulls did same thing.like you say those cabs are prone to it. i took entire door off and repaired
k9-sec.co.uk
duomat

Post by duomat »

so,how does the top hinge come off.looks like a through rod to me that you tap out.I know you unscrew the gas struts,then disconnect the loom.but i am a bit puzzled by the top hinge part
dog section

Post by dog section »

i will have a look tomorrow when i get home off shift and refresh my memory
k9-sec.co.uk
duomat

Post by duomat »

Well i got a front door from the guy i bought it from,free but 10 quid postage.Spent this evening swapping it over.Took about 4 hours and although not hard it was fiddley and time consuming.I now have a fully working machine that shuts and locks as it should,im well chuffed.A sense of acheivment .Not sue if i would do it again.But the happy campers is important to me as we have a caravan and go camping.