Got my first fruity

Discuss Barcrest Fruit Machines Here..
jonesy

Got my first fruity

Post by jonesy »

As the title says... I got my first fruity. It's a Barcrest Horn of Plenty. There's no paperwork / manual with it though. All seems to work fine. Only issue is the refill key / keyswitch. It's not there!! Just a hole in the cabinet. I haven't opened it up to find the wiring yet, but when I do I'll just pop a switch across if the keyswitch is missing.

The misses wouldn't wait and dived straight onto the machine. Lot's of fun to had by the looks of it. Somehow, about an hour later, after raiding my son's coin box, she managed to hit the £25 jackpot. As the machine only pays out in £'s, and there were no £ coins in the hopper, the alarm went off and it asked for the manager. We all fell about laughing.

Thing is, after being off all night, she turned it on again this morning, and it still says it owes £25. She played it some more, and now it owes about £40, as she can't collect the win without it asking for the manager.

So, the question is, if / when I sort the refill keyswitch, how do I clear this???

Thanks for reading.

Jonesy.
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

Wow... someone finally getting some enjoyment from Horn Of Plenty! I can't remember thinking much of them when they were in pubs. Your better half was obviously their target demographic. Simply turn the refill key and put the coins in I would imagine. Or flick your homemade switch and put the coins in. Then unflick and press collect. Float it with £125.
jonesy

Post by jonesy »

aaamusements.co.uk wrote:Got a few refill locks if you want one?
If it comes with a key I'll take you up on one of those. Thanks.

I did find the old one, still on the end of the wiring loom, stuffed into the back of the machine. It was very batterred and I don't have a key so I fixed a temp switch on it. Filling the hopper was then simplicity. BUT, emptying the hopper was a no-no. The dump button was also missing!!! Found that as well, stuffed behind the power supply. It was taped with parcel tape in the 'pressed-in' position. The switch has a N/O and a N/C contact, and it was wired as N/C. Corrected the wiring and removed the tape and now all is working fine.

aaa, if you PM me your details I'll send you payment. Is Paypal gift OK?

Noels Beard, thanks for the advise. Did you not like the machine because of it's payout? I know a lot of you are into winning money more than enjoying the play. Obviously, this machine is a fun moneybox to me, and so far the Misses and I are smitten with it!!

Jonesy.
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

It was one of a series of machines that was very progressive and quite boring. And not profitable. Not much player input really. Fun if you're just casual and in for the ride I guess, but would feature on my all time worst list of machines I'm afraid!
eastangliapro

Post by eastangliapro »

1 of the most boring games to ever grace the pub circuit,gave punters a fairly good game mind
Jack bauer
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Used to love these back in the day
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
BFK

Post by BFK »

I agree with NB, tedious, slow but progressive machine to play. Heard rumours that they could do big streaks/runs but never had it.

Was told the same of GGG(gimme gimme gimme) but never had that either.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

seen a 4 jackpot streak on one once..

defo couldnt play for it though.. used to love giving £35 from the top... which isnt much good really

pretty sure you cant refil these through the slot if they are on iou.. could be wrong though..
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

cant remember the clone, but im sure it had a rare streak profile that just went mad !!!
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

fuck this is pissing me off now, was around at the time of extremes . they were always due bcos , ppl had better stuff to be doing
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Mega zone?
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

I only liked em cis they were fast on boomerang
jonesy

Post by jonesy »

Damn, I'm gonna have to get rid of it. The wife won't leave the bloody thing alone!!!!!

Seriously though, we're finding it more fun than you can poke a stick at. And that's why we bought if. For £40 I think it's great. I've got one of the emu discs from ebay (£1!!!!!!!!), so I can try some other machines before I commit to a more expensive one. BUT, this one will do fine for now.

Thanks all for your comments.

Jonesy.
steelfix1

Post by steelfix1 »

maverick69 wrote:fuck this is pissing me off now, was around at the time of extremes . they were always due bcos , ppl had better stuff to be doing
Bling King Crazy ?