Barcrest Line Up - One of the best fruits ever produced !

Discuss Barcrest Fruit Machines Here..
Johnny's Amusements

Barcrest Line Up - One of the best fruits ever produced !

Post by Johnny's Amusements »

I think that Line Up by Barcrest is one of the best ever fruit machines. To see a video of the Red Gaming rebuild (which plays EXACTLY as the original), check the link below. :D

http://www.youtube.com/v/rNJdO-M7ylw&hl=en_GB&fs=1
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

hardly exciting, would much rather hit a gold 7 on the middle reel for £70 a make mass profit on the machine - that is my idea of amuesment!! gambling can not be fun
justice For The 96
JG

Post by JG »

Used to be popular in Galas these games. £5 could hold for £20 iirc and it could streak for £30ish as well at times, flip side was £5 in for 10p back quite often as well.
Although the Red conversion is quite faithful to the original in some ways, the profile is quite different.

Gambling is fun, but for the experienced players, £5 machines can only ever be ways to fritter away a few idle minutes, wallowing in nostalgia or having a break to take stock and decide on the next part of the route. Disregarding humpty dumptys of course.

JG edit: Just watched the vid, looks more like exchanges unlimited than Line up as exchanges and gambles allowed. Also Dave Angel ecowarrior music in background, Moonlight Shadow by whatsisname Oldfield, used to play that in all the Galas when games were good, probably still play it now. Always the Sun by The Stranglers gets played quite a bit as well.

JG edit edit: Re watched the vid, definitely says Line Up with £2 homemade decal at top. Hmmmm, pays £5 though doesn't it? Anyway the ones in Galas around here were called Line Up and three numbers started feature and it'd keep rolling reels until landed win/nudges/jackpot on board/reels, no gamble oppportunity or exchange opportunity was allowed, which isn't like the original Line UPs. I've tied myself in knots, we need a resident expert/old fart to untangle this mess.
JG
Johnny's Amusements

Post by Johnny's Amusements »

JG wrote:Used to be popular in Galas these games. £5 could hold for £20 iirc and it could streak for £30ish as well at times, flip side was £5 in for 10p back quite often as well.
Although the Red conversion is quite faithful to the original in some ways, the profile is quite different.

Gambling is fun, but for the experienced players, £5 machines can only ever be ways to fritter away a few idle minutes, wallowing in nostalgia or having a break to take stock and decide on the next part of the route. Disregarding humpty dumptys of course.

JG edit: Just watched the vid, looks more like exchanges unlimited than Line up as exchanges and gambles allowed. Also Dave Angel ecowarrior music in background, Moonlight Shadow by whatsisname Oldfield, used to play that in all the Galas when games were good, probably still play it now. Always the Sun by The Stranglers gets played quite a bit as well.

JG edit edit: Re watched the vid, definitely says Line Up with £2 homemade decal at top. Hmmmm, pays £5 though doesn't it? Anyway the ones in Galas around here were called Line Up and three numbers started feature and it'd keep rolling reels until landed win/nudges/jackpot on board/reels, no gamble oppportunity or exchange opportunity was allowed, which isn't like the original Line UPs. I've tied myself in knots, we need a resident expert/old fart to untangle this mess.
You are correct. It IS a homemade decal. Problem was when I got it the program was the Arcade version, but the decals were form the bingo version. On the arcade version it does pay £2. I am not at all happy with these decals & I am still waiting for the supplier (AMR Amusements)to send me the proper ones. :(