Coming soon

Discuss Barcrest Fruit Machines Here..
gambogaz1

Coming soon

Post by gambogaz1 »

Rainbow Riches will be making it's debut in the hi-tec market. It'll be on show at Preview.
Anybody know when this is on and where?
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
Barry Trotter

Post by Barry Trotter »

Well, you obviously work in the industry to know that...
You should therefore also have seen http://www.rainbowriches.com

I would expect RainbowRiches to be a reglass of something...

I'll put money on it being Star Wars..

Now, what was it Barcrest said.. "No More Clones..."

Oh dear... ;)
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

A reglass of...Jackpotteers.
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Here it is. Nothing new unfortunately.

betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens

Post by Guest »

fukkin bogtrotters........
ob

Post by ob »

lol another rob da bank clone, how innovative....
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

Thanks for posting the picture.....

Dear God, how inimaginative, churning out the same dross, which is capable of going £20 for a board, thus putting people off straight away. Barcrest need launch a recruitment drive, for people with fresh ideas.....
steveseagull

Post by steveseagull »

Played it fleetingly last night. 4.50 in for 22quid, the software seemed buggered though, slow spins and unresponsive buttons with odd pauses.

Is this anygood for any of you?
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Well, without wanting to stick up for Barcrest, distributors want new machines. Whereas it costs a few hundred pounds to pay a graphical designer to knock up a new design, it would cost many many thousands to come up with a brand new game. With fewer people going to pubs and the looming recession, they can't afford to splash out hiring new programmers and designers just to cater for a minority of people - most of whom I'd imagine frequent this board or ones similar.

The average joe - who plays machines when he's in the pub rather than goes to the pub to plays machines - won't care. It's just another new machine that he might (or probably won't) win out of ... only this one will have arguably more enjoyable visuals and sound effects.

20 pound for a shot on the board is shite, but what's the alternative?? The machine obviously needs to make up that money. You could offer games every 5er that offered 2 notes but it would take even longer to make back the money.

Jackpots have risen many times faster than the rate of inflation. I'm sure we'd all like to go back to, for arguments sake, the 10 jackpot days where you had a surfeit of machines which offered many ways to "skill" a jackpot - even when it didn't want to pay it.... if you had that situation now, machines would run empty very very quickly. Therefore, the skill - and therefore much of the fun and profitability - has been taken away, and you're unlikely ever to see it return.
Bigtony

Post by Bigtony »

Looks pretty cool
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

It mgiht well look nice, and i'm sure average punters will lap up the Rainbow Riches theme....but underneath it's one of the worst profiles you can get in Rob Da Bank. Disgusting board costs, unforceable, no prise ins or anything. Just a horrid, horrid machine. :x
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

Barry Trotter wrote:
I would expect RainbowRiches to be a reglass of something...

I'll put money on it being Star Wars..
Winner.
DJJPurple

Post by DJJPurple »

Played this out n about. The 50p plays different than the Rob bank and Star Wars ANH....

Luv the numbers on the features... :)

Anybody seen the notey......? Blue on entry... Takes yer money first time!