Place of doom

Had a bad experience on a fruit machine? Discuss it here..
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

I know what you mean, I felt like I had set myself on fire and was enduring a slow and painful death. It felt like I could have stuck another £400 in it and still not got it. Akin to playing a club machine, shit gameplay while it saves for the max. I then had to go in to work. Fun shift that was.
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

The bit where JG was late to do the key bet is almost as bad as the 2 times I had to leave key bets...on £500 and £488 to go a pick my kids up because their mum was on some course. On returning for the 1st £500 (which had been there for a full 2 weeks before I'd even touched it and it was on exactly the same amount of spins since key), I noticed this oldish fellow coming in and playing all the Trailblazers and being rather more nosey than you'd expect someone to be over something you are playing.. I noticed that he asked the shop staff if there were any other Corals around and I noticed he came back about 30 minutes later... I left it just about £20 down and after he had left again, returned 3-4 hours later to find the pot on............ £25! For those of you who 'know' that means not 1 but 2 pots have gone! The one I left on £488 was a month later, I was even on it because I did a last minute £100 spin before I left and I hit a £7 number. 3 hours later imagine my horror when not only was someone on it doing it but the same person I described on the previous encounter came in to join him! These 2 betting shops were a good distance apart by the way.

On 1 other occasion I rowed £700 into a key bet and spent over 8 hours on it, came back at around 11 the next morning and the pot was gone. I find it pretty incredible not that they get found but that the person who plays the ones they find are not getting stuck on them - as if there is a button code they enter which extracts the pot!

As for what happened to Oscar, I think that was the best thing that could have happened to you. You shouldn't wish you'd had a spin because you'd be addicted again, regardless of the outcome.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

i can only feel sadness for the above posters , its a 50/50 gamble when taking the experimenting route , , , , you could of course discover the holy grail , keep it to yourself , play it wise , take unnoticeable ammounts and make a fortune , and best of british to anyone who achieves this.

but above lies cautionary tales , and goes to ilustrate just how easy it is to find nothing etc , , , , and just how many experiments can one afford before bankruptcy looms ?

so i get stick for being spoonfed and living on the side of caution , , , fair enough, im never going to get my holy grail , , , i can live with that , because im also safe in the knowledge that bankruptcy isnt coming for me anytime soon.

respect to those who pioneer, , , ,

but theres a fine line between the successful entrepreneur and the saddict gambler
Little discipline = BIG issue

Plumy2k

Post by Plumy2k »

A week Friday George. Far as I'm concerned all is how it should be and everything's fine, the missus however is stressing and running round like a headless chicken. When u popping the question?
kidgloves

Post by kidgloves »

I reckon George has been visiting Bedworth, or Nuneaton. Either way both those places reek of doom.

Nuneaton fact: There's actually a queueing system in the Wetherspoons. Queue forms to the left of the bar and don't cut in line or you'll know about it.

2nd fact: the Red Hot in there doesn't trap as easily as some.
Confucius say "man who know wombat know more than stupid looking monkey"
JG

Post by JG »

Nah I'm familiar with both places though. Whilst they are mostly doomed, they have been good in the past. What is in Bedworth Cashino these days? Surely can't still be chipped Pacman.
JG
GATW

Post by GATW »

thats long gone
JG

Post by JG »

Alice now chipped in Bear and Ragged Staff (apologies to the sensible crew for selling out here) was off on Wednesday by the time I got to it
JG