Lady Luck

Had a bad experience on a fruit machine? Discuss it here..
Alpine021

Lady Luck

Post by Alpine021 »

Waiting for a machine and decided to get one board on Lady Luck.

First £1 super phone board. OK.

£2 in box no repeat.

OK one more phone board then I'm off it. Nxt phone board - £90 later.

OK so I COBd it about 3 times then stopped doing it after about £20.

Then another £70 for a phone board. WTF.

Im getting really worried about the number of machines that are completely unplayable.

And I'm even more worried that they are turning up everywhere.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

unless your one of the fortunate few on something new ,,,,,,,,,,,,, its looking very grim indeed
Little discipline = BIG issue

ob

Post by ob »

Barcrest out, reflex in, not a good move for us so it seems. If I were bfm I'd be pissed off as they're games are blatant dond gold rip offs!!! Well not in gameplay terms though, they've made that much worse.
spa

Post by spa »

Would you play a big bucks deluxe? Why even put a nugget in one of these.
ob

Post by ob »

At least big bucks deluxe weren't everywhere!!!
johncluedo

Post by johncluedo »

I'm
Glad it looking grim, the grimmer the better!
ridye

Post by ridye »

I find these harsher than Alice which is saying something.

There really is no method to play these - Collect whatever you want it'll decide to do something totally random the next board anyway most of the time!

I've walked into far too many well known chain pubs now only to find Monopoly Takeover / DOND Rapid Round or Live / Bank Job Gold / Take A Chance / Sixth Sense / Triple Deal Or No Deal / Jail Break. Some pubs *cough Yates *cough* even decided to get a machine in for 2 weeks then decide to replace it with a plant.
ob

Post by ob »

I'd sooner a plant than one off that load off dross!!
Cf

Post by Cf »

Pub by me had an Alice but it's now replaced with the Lady Luck one.

I mentioned this and they said they requested them to get rid of Alice cos they didn't like it and it no-one played it.

Then the new machine got delivered and they were straight back on the phone saying "we're not stupid - that's the same machine. get rid of it."

So now just waiting for them to come and change it again.
kong

Post by kong »

Reflex are manufacturing these things at an alarming rate. They are already everywhere and its going to worse. Bell(end) Fruit have shot themselves in the foot with the dongle idea, timed to perfection by Reflex to muscle in on their dominant market share.
ridye

Post by ridye »

Typical pub selection round here at the moment :

Monopoly Takeover
Bank Job Gold (or clone incl. Jailbreak)
Take A Chance
Alice (or clone)
Rapid Round / DOND Live

The worst thing is, some pubs have clones of the above next to each other too!

So depressing walking into some places where before you could spend a good few hours in and now you can be in and out within minutes!
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

so are you one of the few johncluedo ? ,,,,,, fair play if you are

if your like 95% of the rest of us , ,,,,,, we dont have many options

1, step up a gear , do regular 18 hour 300 mile round trips to relegated old good stuff fire pubs , ,,,, positive attitude , be the last man standing

2, bide our time with part time jobs etc ,whilst keeping a hand in , hoping something good comes out en masse soon

3, get full time employment

4, start a business ,,,,,,,,,,,,, and take the ultimate gamble with savings

5, start a life of crime lol

6, sign on , park bench , diamond white lol

its probably not quite at that stage yet in all honestly ,,,,,,,,theres still money to be made ,, but despite being able to make a quick ton on one unit ,,,,,,, the overall landscape has definitely shifted , its not just my lack of enthusiasm either , ,,,,, general joe isn't playing as much as he used too , recovery time has doubled , ,,,,,, most honest players are struggling , or having to do option 1 ,,,,,,,,,, , or taking things on at a lower pot threshold in order to beat the competition etc (and more often than not , this low threshold approach backfires)

i suppose for those dedicated enough , as long as we have percentage based games , there will always be a few quid out there

i had a top day last week ,,,,,,,, and i lost 11 quid today lol , ,,,,,,,,, mind you we spent 40 on fuel, plus took the piss with food lol , so 11 quid down on the day overall is fuck all in the grand scheme of things.

que sara sara for me , im fortunate that i have savings and low income needs ,,,,,,,,, im gonna ride out the storm , whilst keeping all options open

any of you (self proclaimed ) top boy bullshitters , fancy taking the plunge with some honest thoughts ? ,,,,,, or is admitting to your peers that your strugling a definite no no in the bullshitters handbook ? lol

ps , i genuinely feel compassion for those of you with high outgoings/mortgages etc at the mo

Oscar

Post by Oscar »

I laughed long and hard reading much of that Lee, particularly the second from last paragraph, because you come across as someone who is struggling, not least to let go of the fruit world.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

well im honest rich , ,,,,,,, i am strugling to earn ,,,,,,,, and yes i do have a struggle with leaving the fruit world full stop , its woven into my psyche for 25 years

anyhow please elaborate on whats not relevant or true in my post , or whats hilarious etc ???

amazing

Post by amazing »

trayhop123 wrote:well im honest rich , ,,,,,,, i am strugling to earn ,,,,,,,, and yes i do have a struggle with leaving the fruit world full stop , its woven into my psyche for 25 years

anyhow please elaborate on whats not relevant or true in my post , or whats hilarious etc ???
Time to look at other ideas maybe
Plenty to be made out there instead of the same old machines learn to adapt to new stuff
I lost a few k learning new machines paying bk now slowly