Gamestec vs the Crazy Chair

Had a bad experience on a fruit machine? Discuss it here..
Mr Move It

Gamestec vs the Crazy Chair

Post by Mr Move It »

I had my AWP buddy staying at my place for a few days this week and we naturally checked out a dozen pubs and a few arcades. Most machines were either DOND or Bank Job. We chanced 3 of the BJ's, all playing pretty badly, and seems to be a poor conversion of the older (but better) Juggling Jackpots and Money Magic machines. Also, if you lost a gamble on BJ's cash ladder, it auto-collected, so you normally ended up winning just £1, if you won anything at all lol :P The free spins quirk was new to us too.

Our main blow to us was a straight clone of Crazy Chair, except that the DOND board was displayed on a computer screen. It didn't have the standard Mazooma/Bellfruit reel symbols either. Lo and behold, the machine was rebadged by Gamestec. Being a regular reader of Fruit Chat though, I thought that Gamestec was just a distributor of fruit machines? I didn't know they are now pulling a QPS / BWB on us too. I am an avid fan of Crazy Chair, having played several over the last 2 years, but this rebadge was found to be a let-down, hence writing here under bad experiences. We never got the phones, but it was red-boxing frequently, probably to bluff us out of coin! It would then white-box for the duration of the next sheet, then red-box throughout the next 2 consecutive sheets. It struck us as odd, and was certainly not Crazy Chair behaviour. Is Gamestec technology still Scorpion-based?

On the plus side, we enjoyed a few phones games on TIOLI. It was new to us, but we already knew the Murphy's Millions clone which we also liked.

We also came across 3 Bellfruits which deviated a little from the original DOND gaming model. One had a start-to-finish trail and appeared to be a clone of an old Bellfruit called Reely Crazy, in the sense that your movements on the board were dictated by the 3 reels, sometimes offering strategic holds while in-game. Another Bellfruit incorporated phones within the board game but with only with 2 boxes lit. The more you moved, the more boxes you had lit and you could commence phones at any time. Boards were fairly frequent and normally offered £3 and £5 as the opening boxes. Another Bellfruit, slightly more normal this time, with the difference of having ever-changing bonus tiles on the 1-to-8 pre-game trail.
"I think you're going to go away with a lot of money."
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

Id say you played Dond Platinum by Gamestec (special edition)
also known as shatinum or wankinum. One of my most hated Donds

Next would be the newer Dond road to Riches. Ive only really seen this in Bognor.

Next Dond would of Been Make or break. Quite Boring but can be a nice suprise when the £35 or £70 light on board entry so you can just instantly play Dond (rareish)

last would of been either Mega Dond or the newer version of Mega Dond if it had Cashpots it was Mega Dond if it didnt then it would of been the newer one. Both quite progressive and usually its not shy to tell ya what sort of mood its in.
6 million ways to pie....choose 1
Mr Move It

Post by Mr Move It »

Brill :-) I forgot their titles so thanks for naming them :-)
"I think you're going to go away with a lot of money."

Post by 999329753 »

I played dond road to riches in the regis pub in bognor. It was shocking, must be a rip on that.
ma71lda

Re: Gamestec vs the Crazy Chair

Post by ma71lda »

Mr Move It wrote:Our main blow to us was a straight clone of Crazy Chair, except that the DOND board was displayed on a computer screen.
....this was a machine I hit £50 CoB (£6 in) on my very rare day out last week. And I felt extremely fortunate too.
pickareel

Post by pickareel »

i was in chievley services the other day,mate was having a stint on something and some guy lost a few quid in the crazy chair........on i go for a casual board.......get game 70 in box......leaves me 4 and 70.......no deal........machine reset,thanks noel
i got more routes than loreal
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

pickareel wrote:i was in chievley services the other day,mate was having a stint on something and some guy lost a few quid in the crazy chair........on i go for a casual board.......get game 70 in box......leaves me 4 and 70.......no deal........machine reset,thanks noel
Aww, how'd ya feel? :wink:
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
Scott

Post by Scott »

pickareel wrote:i was in chievley services the other day,mate was having a stint on something and some guy lost a few quid in the crazy chair........on i go for a casual board.......get game 70 in box......leaves me 4 and 70.......no deal........machine reset,thanks noel

My mate had that happen on a dream factory, with mega in the box, knew it was mega so no dealt, reset :roll:

Next board did the same, is it some kind of get out clause for the machine when it does'nt want to pay? Very unfair!!!!
Cobwebs 👆
BFK

Post by BFK »

Does dream factory have a mega box?
AMK

Post by AMK »

BFK wrote:Does dream factory have a mega box?
Yes it does on £35 jp :-o
... Join The Party!
Scott

Post by Scott »

My mistake, it was £70.
Cobwebs 👆
tommya

Post by tommya »

I had it reset half way through a mega streak piece of shit
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

999329753 wrote:I played dond road to riches in the regis pub in bognor. It was shocking, must be a rip on that.
How was the live the dream?

Post by 999329753 »

Was that there ? Can't Remembr to be honest. Did ok in spoons I seem to recall.
liverpool24

Post by liverpool24 »

cob will be mega prize................ COB BUTTON IS BROKE, great.