What's the point for Joe Public

Had a bad experience on a fruit machine? Discuss it here..
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

everyone loves deal or no deal, that's why... i'd be interested to see the difference in popularity of non DOND games with DOND boards, and DOND games themselves, i'd expect there to be a fair bit.
BFK

Post by BFK »

I'd agree with u, but a non player won't really notice the difference in profiles between say a big reds and a TIOLI. Apart from the fact there ain't a cob option.
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

Maybe, i mean obviously they won't care about if its a barcrest or a bellfruit.. i just wonder if they play DOND's as it's DOND and wouldn't play a flicker for example, even though it is essentially the same thing, or they'll work out it's the same and play regardless.

I bet if you stuck a noel and a flicker next to eachother, there'd be a disparity in cashbox takings between the two.
BFK

Post by BFK »

Agreed again, but as I said before it's only cos of the tv program.

Just like everyone playing a quiz machine a while back was either playing a wwtbam or dond on that. The power of tv!!!!
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

Theres no point whatsoever H. I had a couple of hours on machines yesterday which yielded a profit, so I may post in the Good Experiences section.

The transition from £15-£25jps wasn't much a change apart from monetry values. £25-35jp took away alot of the entertainment and the leap from £35-70jp took away any form of amusement and enjoyability. Sad really.

Its an absolute lottery for Joe Public and this surely must reflect on 'Pros' winnings - there can't be much point in having so much of an edge when munters aren't filling the machines for you? Or do you live off emptys that have a week long shelf life?
BFK

Post by BFK »

That was my point earlier.

A munter will munt, if it's not a dond in a pub but an electro for example, he/she will still munt.

They're are obviously enough casuals around, or the machines would cease to exist.

The casuals have no clue what they are playing, but it seems they'll head for Noel first given the choice.
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

Got to admit they all love noel! Eyes glaze over and they seem to think there on the show! Total madness! What would happen if you hated the show but loved playing machines?
I am Glendale, much better than you!
Scott

Post by Scott »

The cost of making a dead machine ready again is spread out over many dozens of people, so if you look at it that way no one really gets stung (except the hard core addicts) you can't have a conscience when playing machines, someone has to lose for you to win.
Cobwebs 👆
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

Not sure about Golden Dragon giving boards after it was hit properly. Big Brother/Cash Beast could easily give a seven stepper after a pot. JPMs were blocked at a fiver if no numbers.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

i tested cash beast when i owned it

when ripped for up to about £90 it could offer jp from reel magic or nearest win within £40 if you were lucky, top zone jp after about another £40 but neither would be a trigger for the bonus

so, after a decent rip, it would take 3x the jackpot to offer jackpot with zero afterplay

then take that plus another 3x jackpot with still no hope.. about £100 played through normally after this and it would be back to the start..

so im assuming summat on a £70 is looking at the same ratio +/- some for the percentage differences so rip a 70 machine for a cheated repeat or two and then it needs something like 6/7x jackpot amount plus whatever you took out to recover to a playable (by designers standards) state.

bearing in mind that minimum wage has gone up by about 60percent and machines jackpots have gone up by 500percent people who play them dont have the same amount of money as before, unintentionally forcing a machine cost £10-£40 and now it costs £120-£450
Oli

Post by Oli »

harry2 wrote:I played a Monty Python 50p a go last night. £80 lasted 45 minutes. The money doesn't really worry me, it was game over 95% on the ? Or collect a red feature for £2 or £3. Fruit Stepper was oranges or lemons. One gave the birdcages for £8 !!! And I had a couple of £8 cash red (no repeats).
Harry - you posted that on Friday, so I assume you played the machine on thursday night. As your from reading, would it have happened to be the one in the Three Guinees by the rail station? If so, what time did you play it? Only reason I ask is that I got a lucky jackpot after £4 in around 5.00pm.

Got lucky off the Bankers Bonus as well. COB for 50p cashpot £41.xx after £12 in so not a bad session. There was some kid hammering the banker rings twice so waited for him to finish for a while but had to leave in the end. Left the pac man alone as I hate them. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on topic, I'm a casual (ish) and would agree that given the choice I would normally play BFs DONDs over all other machines. Why? Simply because I hate shot based machines, and this is why I dont like playing things like TIOLI and electro's. I think a lot of people feel the same also, from other casuals I know. (I know a few of the DONDs are shot based E.G. Big Reds - I dont play those either. But most of them are stack based). I also like the COB of DONDs, but dont think it has that big of an impact in terms of playing choice.

While not so much of a problem for me personally, but people have also said to me that they dont like Hi-Lo based machines either, a la indy / aliens / reds. They say that 'it doesnt feel safe' because they can die at any moment. At least with a DOND, you spin on to a ? and you can collect / COB when that happens.

Good things about DOND copies such as TIOLI, they are a lot less harsh in terms of board costs, which is a big issue for a casual. I think if TIOLI was stack based then it would get more play than DONDs. The flatness of the profile would = jackpot more often, but obv that's classed as a negative from a players point of view.
streaky bacon?
harry2

Post by harry2 »

&quot wrote:
harry2 wrote:I played a Monty Python 50p a go last night. £80 lasted 45 minutes. The money doesn't really worry me, it was game over 95% on the ? Or collect a red feature for £2 or £3. Fruit Stepper was oranges or lemons. One gave the birdcages for £8 !!! And I had a couple of £8 cash red (no repeats).
Harry - you posted that on Friday, so I assume you played the machine on thursday night. As your from reading, would it have happened to be the one in the Three Guinees by the rail station? If so, what time did you play it? Only reason I ask is that I got a lucky jackpot after £4 in around 5.00pm.

It was, and about 6.30, lol.
Roulette free since December 2011.