What's the point for Joe Public

Had a bad experience on a fruit machine? Discuss it here..
harry2

What's the point for Joe Public

Post by harry2 »

...to play an AWP in 2011 ?

Play 25p play. When you finally get a game, you can collect a £3 feature or take ? and die.
Play 50p play. As above, 1 in 50 games, you could win a tenner, or take a red feature , that gives £3 or the occasional £5.
Play £1 play. £20 in and you get a game. Either collect a £5/6/7 feature or plough on and lose. Only chance of getting your money back is to force a jp. This is going to cost at least £160, unless it has been pumped by the previous poor sod.

The gameplay is dire, uninspired and repetitively boring. Barcrests and BFM's play almost exactly the same. There is no innovation.

Every game is three in view to start, numbers on line, nine to start feature, same old bonuses on four. Blue and red features.

Oooh repeat chance, ie no chance (unless a few £2 repeats to a colossal £6).

Low percentages do not help. Why pay 74%. You might as well punt the roulette at 97% or have a few quid on a horse.

Even you pro players must get extremely bored, knowing what the next number will be, what the ? will do, and how far you are away form a decent win. Must be a right chore playing, no amusement at all.

Anyone agree, disagree ?
Roulette free since December 2011.
AMK

Post by AMK »

The A in AWP died a long time ago bud. It's a shame. There's very few fruits that are enjoyable to play. As mentioned previously this is down to the stake and prize ratio.

25p/50p £70 just can't 'streak' like a £15 30p
... Join The Party!
Oddfeet63

Post by Oddfeet63 »

I'm bored that's why I've been looking elsewhere
mr cheese

Post by mr cheese »

So what do you suggest then,Maybe a letter from fruitchat,asking for random features to be thrown in..Gamble option on cash win with loose to award feature,more hold reel 1-2-or 3 for win/feature,Bring back Barcodes or maybe actually being able to hold jp symbols 3 times,COB being COW a win awarded every time (Which would obviously knock it back but ok for casual punters)Its shocking m8 all there concern is is making money and how quick it will take it from you.......
Bang Tidy,Potatoes,Shittiiiiing,Smash Ya Back Doors In....
mjd

Post by mjd »

This topic was on my mind last night.

Machines hardly ever get played these days and its easy to see why. The thing that gets me most, is the amount of money a machine makes. Does it really make that much difference being a £70 instead of a £25?
Im thinking obviously it does, but in the £25 days there were far more joe public interested in it, because its a bit of fun and a jackpot is actually possible!
They all have their percentage, so surely the aim would to be of the publics interest? And the more people who play, the more money the machine makes!

Im 100% not a professional fruit machine player, I just occasionally go out for a punt and a few beers. If There were 100 machines in the pub i go to and 98 of them were £70 JPs, and the other two were a £25 Jackpoteers and a £5 Hot Stuff, Id be right over to them.
boom
LordOoze

Post by LordOoze »

The average punter still does ok....Fine not on players units...Nonetheless I have seen many a joe get a good offer on a phones and collect for >£20...then cob for another big win

Though when they play units done by pros then all they are really doing is filling it back up...
Mr Move It

Post by Mr Move It »

Most of you know that I'm only a casual, but I got to say that 2011 is one of my better years. Sure I've had a bit of bad luck recently but I'm still slightly up overall for 2011. When it comes to jackpot amounts, I never got on with £15, perhaps because most of them were before my time, but ones I still bump into I don't get on with. £25 JP was the best for me. £35 JP was ok, not brilliant. £70 I find great, almost as good as the £25 ones. The reason why I only mentioned 2011 as far as £70 machines go is because I was between jobs for most of 2010 and thus couldn't spend money. Sure, there are 1 or 2 exceptions like Alien and the hi-lo Indy game - they weren't great. Yeah, I'd say that 2011 is the best for me since the Vivid days.
"I think you're going to go away with a lot of money."
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Mr Move It wrote:Sure, there are 1 or 2 exceptions like Alien and the hi-lo Indy game - they weren't great.
Don't think you'll find many people agreeing with that!
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

Mattb wrote:Don't think you'll find many people agreeing with that!
in context, as a casual player, with full prior knowledge that both of these machines were getting hit by pro's and steered clear from them after a loss.

Mr-move-it is what i refer to as a reverse-pro... knows which machines to NOT play and stays away from them with the discipline that a pro stays away from "shit" machines,

MMI has reguarly posted saying he has a fixed limit to play with, and walks after a small profit..

possibly the most disciplined player on this site!!!
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

This is a very interesting topic. I must say I agree with spyder. It is good to have mr move it give his feedback as there is not many casual good posters. When I'm out punters always seem to love 'deal or no deal' and tell me that the alien or what ever I'm playing on is shit. I have sat many of times and watched some one get a board on a dond few presses then is shuved the'?' Game over. They then seem to run back wards and forwards to the bank because it plays unreal and they can't believe what they are getting for there money. Where is the fun in it? Noel has brain washed every one!!!!
harry2

Post by harry2 »

I played a Monty Python 50p a go last night. £80 lasted 45 minutes. The money doesn't really worry me, it was game over 95% on the ? Or collect a red feature for £2 or £3. Fruit Stepper was oranges or lemons. One gave the birdcages for £8 !!! And I had a couple of £8 cash red (no repeats).
Roulette free since December 2011.
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

Big brother, Golden dragon and even Red arrow gave boards after a pro hit it! At least joe public got some value but try getting a board after a pro hits most 70s and its impossible! No fun for them, landlord gets moaned at, he moans at us and machine goes or/ and were banned!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

Wonder if the manus are relying on "Jackpot buzz" as it were for Joe Public?
  • Just the fact that "ooh I've got a board I could win 70 quid!" and then having htem go "oh well" when it doesn't go their way.
mjd

Post by mjd »

And they've parted with about £10
boom
BFK

Post by BFK »

Glendale wrote:Big brother, Golden dragon and even Red arrow gave boards after a pro hit it! At least joe public got some value but try getting a board after a pro hits most 70s and its impossible! No fun for them, landlord gets moaned at, he moans at us and machine goes or/ and were banned!
with the exceptions of grids(aliens/leps and dig its/wars) so do most other playables.

What chance did a casual have on the machines u mentioned of getting a jackpot? Pretty much none especially on a JPM even when ready. £10 for each board on a done brother/axe/dragon is not much different to nowadays. They'll give boards but not really past £2-£3.

Playables must be getting casual play or they wouldn't be ready again. Obviously donds are more of a favourite because there are more of them, it's a tv program and granted munters have probably got lucky now and again. But anyone playing certain donds at the moment will know, they can still rip you of a score for a board even when going.

Fruit machines always get played, a munter won't know the difference between what's good and bad. Unless it's an alien/lep that never boards.

A rower is a rower.

Thank god there are enough of them who still think they actually have a chance of winning. The £70 jackpot is just a bigger carrot to them which hopefully encourages more.