Overpaid Income Tax

Had a good experience on a fruit machine? Discuss it here..
bowie

Overpaid Income Tax

Post by bowie »

If you remember a while ago there was a thing about wrongly paid income tax, some folk were getting some back some having to pay some back, well i received a letter yesterday, actually received it in October but it was sent to my old address, turns out i had been overpaying tax, so it contained a cheque for................................

£13.46
harry2

Post by harry2 »

I've got three jobs. Last year got two demands, for 08/09 and 09/10 £1500 and £1100. Coming straight off this years tax code. :| :x
Roulette free since December 2011.
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

Lucky you Lugsy ! I got a demand for around £20K :x
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
Cf

Post by Cf »

What are you going to spend it on?
quasar911

Post by quasar911 »

2 years ago i got demand for 12k, i contested this and won. worked it out and yes i did pay too little - well I personally didnt pay too little - i was payign what was being requested.

I think more people need to stand up and contest this. WHY should you stump up if its not your fault.
joker53

Post by joker53 »

I've got a £2500 underpayment request payable on the 3rd march. Goes back to having two jobs in 08/09.I had informed both HR depts that I had two jobs so I should have been put on the correct tax code.

Seems a pisstake to demand that much in 1 go. I was cosidering just agreeing a £50 a month payment plan but with the student loan as well it's just more money being fleeced from me.

Anyone got any ideas how I can contest this or just pure delaying tactics to get them off my back?
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Co-incidentally, I left a London nightclub in the small hours of Sunday morning and took a leak in the car park of the CapGemini office block - they're the organisation who were largely responsible for the tax cock-up.

Hopefully that makes you feel slightly better about things :)
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

joker53 wrote:I've got a £2500 underpayment request payable on the 3rd march. Goes back to having two jobs in 08/09.I had informed both HR depts that I had two jobs so I should have been put on the correct tax code.

Seems a pisstake to demand that much in 1 go. I was cosidering just agreeing a £50 a month payment plan but with the student loan as well it's just more money being fleeced from me.

Anyone got any ideas how I can contest this or just pure delaying tactics to get them off my back?
There isn't much you can contest unfortunately. If you notified Payroll that you had another Job 1 of your 2 firms that you work for should have queried with you your Tax Code.
Starting a job when you have a 2nd job means you should have been put on a BR code to ensure there's no tax underpayment, for you to underpay by £2500 they must have out you on a standard 637L or whatever it was in 08/09

As much as we all hate the revenue, a lot of the time in PAYE schemes it's the payroll clerks fault not the Revenue.

As far as the 3rd of march demand go's though, that's just a scare tactic to get you to contact them, if your still in a PAYE scheme they'll issue a new tax code for 2011/2012 to recoup the £2500 over them 12 months.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens