complete noob android help

Forum for discussing Video Games - Arcade, Ps3, Xbox 360 etc.
trayhop123

complete noob android help

Post by trayhop123 »

its that time of year , the mobile upgrade ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i will be taking delivery of 2 brand new android phones tomorrow for free ,

1 for the mrs , n one for me

now im on a very good tarif with 2sims on 1 bill etc , and we only use em to talk n text ,,,,, never for internet (use that at home) ,,,,,,,,,, and so when upgrade time comes around we usually just sell the phones and stick with our 15quid chuck norris jobbys .

like i said , its a reasonable tarif ,,,,,,, 600mins on both with unlimited texts , vodafone friends n family , 500mb of internet each ( never used lol) ,,,,, with insurance and itemised billing etc ,,,,,,,32quid a month even with the occasional premium number like directory enquiries etc , my bill has never been more than 40quid ,,,,,,,, which works out at a 5ver each a week . perfect

now im sure you guys know of better tarifs , on other networks etc, but mine is perfect for my needs , and ive been with vodafone for 11years with no issues , and perfect reception in the flat . ,,,,,,,,, not the point of the post

so i'll be getting a samsung galaxy ace , which tracy doesn't want , so instead of selling it , giving it my sister for her birthday

i'll be getting a huweie g510 or somethingorother

so instead of selling it , i want to use it (not primarily as a phone) but for entertainment purposes

specifically for 2 things ,,,,,,,,,,,

1, ive heard there are c64 emulators available ,,,,plus other retro system emulation ,,,,,, this is a big draw for me ,,,,,,,,,, but having never had an android phone , could somebody perhaps point me in the right direction ??? ,,,,,, which one is best ? ,, which one is the least complicated ? ,,,,,, do i have to piss about unzip rom files etc?????? which is totally alien to me ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i take it you set up a google play account using your bank details etc ????

2, comic readers ,,,,,,,,,,, both dc and marvel have digital comic stores ,,,,,,,, but again im lost

any and all android advice appreciated lol
Little discipline = BIG issue

JG

Post by JG »

It's very user friendly Lee. Be it Apple or Android just go to the App Store and download away. No need for decompression, this isn't Fruit Emu!
JG
tommya

Post by tommya »

I have the snes and n64 ones on my phone very good
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

watched a run through on youtube of someone completing Jet Set Willy just now, memories.....
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

That game was fucked up. Was impossible to complete as well if I remember correctly. On the C64 version there was a cheat which enabled you to go down the toilet at the beginning, but once you did you couldn't get out and were dragged through several screens until you reached a room which had the words 'Die Mortal' in the middle. There was no escape from this room, and if you jumped off the ledge you would fall continuously through the screen and have to reload the game. Sometimes when you entered a room you would lose a life, seemingly for no reason. Great game though..
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

ok , been messing about with the phone at home today ,,,,,,,,,,, it's nice n all ,,,,,,, but it aint for me ,,,,,,,,,,,

its called a huawei ascend g510 ,,,,,,,, android 4.1 jellybean , gorilla glass etc

ive tried in vain today to get the emulator working ,,,,,,, called frodo64 ,,,,,, but as ide assumed , you do have to download rom files , in the right format , then save em in the right directory then open/unzip em in the emulator ,,,,,,,, took me all day to get one to work lol

too much pissing about for me , im gonna wait for the ouya for my fill of android games

now i could keep it as a phone , but i would have to buy a case etc ,,,,, plus its massive ,,,,,,,, i cant just throw it in my pocket with coins etc like my 15quid sammy

its going on facebook/ebay tomorrow ,,,,,,,,,,,, anyone want it ? ,,,,,,,,,,,80quid pm

obviously boxed etc ,,,,, 1day old ,,,,,, so spotless ,,,,, other than fingerprints lol
Little discipline = BIG issue