JG

Dodgy call

Post by JG »

I'm sick of fucking goons.

Down to last three in a 6 player stt.

Other: (1500)
Goon: Kh2c (1500)
Nudgeman: 9c6c (3000)

Stack levels approx just to illustrate where we're at, blind levels 75/150.

I'm in the big blind, the goon to my left has called and the other player (SB) folds. The flop comes Tc Jc Qh, it's checked to me and with a flush and weak straight draw I decide to do a 66% bet to see where I am.

It is called and the turn is a blank, 5h. We both check. Pot 700. The river is a 2d, so I decide to do a pot size bluff, as I believe my opponent is weak. He calls like a shot with K2 unsuited. Had the open ended, but missed and called on the river with a pair of 2s. He called so quick, if he had thought my bet was a bluff and there is no reason he should do, then he would ponder and call. You wouldn't call a pot size bet there instantly. Fucking goon. Just because he hit a 2. What the fuck? Jammy fucking piss poor fishy cunt OR a shill?

Then the very next hand I get stitched on a JT spades that gets checked down and hits on the river, I bet, he reraises and I call to see Q8spades.

It's only a £10 thunder tourney, but these luckboxes are something to behold. I say luckboxes, well the flush, you can see how that plays out, just one of 'em things, but this guy was quite tight in previous games. Like I say, don't think he had a read on me that I'd missed the draw, because he called that bet instantly. Seriously, fucking instantly.

Would you call that instantly with K2? Even against a maniac, which I'm not.

The card distribution may be fairly even, but you sure as hell get some dodgy plays as if they can see your cards. I bet if I'd have had AK on that board he's have folded sharpish to a pot size bet - know what I'm saying?
He'd have folded his hand and not limped in the first place. Get the picture?

Fucking bollocks. Too many monkeys got access to software they shouldn't have, trying it out on lower stakes games, never played poker before, see 'em on lower stakes games, suddenly on poker points leader board playing £5/£10 NL trapping the drunk rich kids. Friends of Cryptologic. Here mate, try this, it's a laugh.

It really spoils it for us poker players who are trying to play honestly. I wish these goons would fuck off and go and scam someone else.

Another guy was fishy as fuck and lucky as hell the other day. Amazing suckouts. Dodgy as fuck. Checked Sharkscope on Cryptologic (Will Hill), name was jasper99 --- oh look, statistics disabled. I'd love to know where these shills come from. Bad players? Clicked the wrong button? Got nervous and called instantly? Oh fuck off, I'm not a fool, I know when I've been scammed. Just annoying when it happens.

If it was a fruit machine I'd put a chair through it, but as it's relayed onto my computer I'll come on here and swear gratuitously which is a bit naughty I know, so sorry, but, cunt, wank, fuck!

Bad day at work as well, proper work. I would say fruits are behaving themselves, but y'know, jinx effect.

Always does this before Christmas, a GGG went around the houses today for a £30ish loss. Maybe a warning, still finished £20 up on other shit. Made £200+ the other day on flukey, neh, skillful shit. Now the poker is fucking about, rigging things to buggerry. I might have to play a FOBT - slightly less rigged. Bollocks!

I was actually up tonight, made about £14 on a ring game, blew most of that on that thunder when goon boy fluked out. What a waste of time, typing this, getting angry, swearing.

Look - I've got to go Christmas Shopping tomorrow. Two ms? One m? Two ts? One r? Fuck knows. Don't get smart and say there are no Ms in shopping. There'as M & S, H & M for starters. Anyway, boring food and clothes shopping with the other half. Early start. I'm in a foul mood. You'd got that anyway hadn't you?

Anyway, awaiting PokerPete's level headed response to this. Somewhat therapeutic. Sorry about all the bloomin' swearing.
Dibble

Post by Dibble »

Personally, if I had limped in with that junk (which I would never do) the only think I would think is that bet but then the check on the turn would indicate to me that you were weak. In reality if I was in your situation I would have pushed here. Unless he aleady had his straight, or two pair he would have found it very hard to call with second or third pair. Once your stack had taken the smash it had I would have waited for a better spot to push. J10 (even suited) is normally dominated by a lot of hands.

Worst comes to the worst try moving up the stakes...the standard of play is much better. Good luck
JG

Post by JG »

Update on this one. I've checked Sharkcope, his name was Georgexxx on Cryptologic. It turns out he was just a very bad player, so not a shill as I suspected. These things happen I guess. It's a deviation of never bluff a mug. The funny thing is he didn't seem that fishy up until that point. HE'd shown down a few good hands and his betting patterns seemed solid. I guess I just didn't have the right information at the right time. I was big blind when I got landed with 9c6c, I guess I could have pushed 1st or 2nd street, but the player he was he'd have happily whacked all his stack in on an open ended draw had I put him in that situation. Even the 2 probably didn't undo me, he'd have probably called king high. In hindsight, I should have checked, he'd have bet his draw and I'd have had to fold. An infallable play by a complete mug, that still makes me a little annoyed. Perhaps I'm being overly pessimistic to say he wouldn't call me if I was overbetting for value in another situation. Sod's law I guess. I try to be objective and see my bad luck as much as my good luck, but the trouble is I love a good moan, but in poker I really feel justified in having a good moan.

Still, they tell me no one cares about bad beat/suck out stories (I actually LOVE hearing other player's stories, maybe I'm wierd. Bloop.), so I guess that's an end of that one.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

No one cares about your bad beat stories :wink:

No, seriously, play at the right levels for your bank roll, learn to take the bad beats with no more than a shrug of the shoulders and keep making the right plays.

remember:
If bad players never got lucky, they'd stop playing!