Question about all poker sites

The Poker forum
Cardinal Sin

Question about all poker sites

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Chaps.

Playing with Gran on online tourneys. We were wondering which of the following scenarios is used

1. Cards are dealt randomly. Whenever it comes to the flop, turn or river, it simply chooses a card at random from the remaining cards, based on a randomly generated number.

2. A deck is shuffled at the start of the game, and just like playing with real cards, it doesn't choose the flop turn and river randomly, it simply takes the next from the deck.

Now it probably doesn't make a difference either way, but surely if it was 1. then saying "glad we didn't go in for that hand" is irrelevant, because if we had gone in for that hand, it would have generated a different random number (as random numbers are generated from the clock... i think), so it would have been a different flop, turn and river.

What does anyone think?
Gran

Post by Gran »

I think it's number 2. These sites are very strictly regulated, and any hint of randomness would leave it too open to rigging accusations.
itsme wrote:I dont mind a pint of cider for the morning after. I'm not an alcoholic but its very refreshing.
admin

Post by admin »

I would assume it works as described in number 2, and be very suprised if it turned out to be No1 !
Dibble

Post by Dibble »

Where do you play gran and cardinal?
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Sounds right, though I'd like to know for sure.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Dibble wrote:Where do you play gran and cardinal?
Ladbrokes and Willy Hill. What about yourself?
Dibble

Post by Dibble »

Victor Chandler, Doyles Room, and mansion poker. Although moving away from Mansion
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

Dibble wrote:Victor Chandler, Doyles Room, and mansion poker. Although moving away from Mansion
whats the vc like? also is it simple to cash out? give us an invite if theres a bonus up for grabs for us both :wink: pm me for my addy
Dibble

Post by Dibble »

Yeah VC is the bigest fish pot by miles. Currently up about £700 this year and all I play is 5-10 sst with 9 players. The sign up bonus is the quickest to achieve out of all placesI have played. The one problem is that the lower staked tables (even the $5sst) can be so full of poor players that its hard to read what they actually do have. The cashing out is the best bit as it will go into my account almost instantly.

I will PM you the link in a tomorrow as my car slipped on the timing belt and I am having to try and sell it on ebay. Anyone want a damaged Alfa 146? :x
mjd

Post by mjd »

Online poker is sickening. Its almost as if someone in control can see everything that happening and choose the cards himself, and have a right giggle up there..

I played online for a month, and the amount of dodgy cards that came up was shocking to be frank!
boom
Dibble

Post by Dibble »

Yeah but I see it in live games all the time too. Its just that most of the time good players know that is not calling the all in with second highest pair hoping to catch a card on the turn or river
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

And you also see far more games in online poker than you do if you're playing in real life... the bad beats stick out, so you're obviously going to have more of them in online poker.

Having said, it's definitely rigged.

:shock:
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

Dibble, if there a bonus for introducing a player I'm up for registering with Vic as well.
Gran

Post by Gran »

cardinal richelieu wrote:And you also see far more games in online poker than you do if you're playing in real life... the bad beats stick out, so you're obviously going to have more of them in online poker.

Having said, it's definitely rigged.

:shock:
I don't know. I always seem to do quite well with my slowly, slowly, waaaaiitt, waaaaiiiiiiiiiiit, POUNCE style of play.

(apart from when I am 'unlucky', of course)

Maybe you're just schecht at cards, CR :? : :? : :? : :? :
itsme wrote:I dont mind a pint of cider for the morning after. I'm not an alcoholic but its very refreshing.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

I might be shecht at cards "Gran", but I'm undisputed champion at the "Arrers".

* Arrers = Darts in case you're wondering