lucky t****

The Poker forum
maverick69

lucky t****

Post by maverick69 »

ive had enuf of these fools goin all in with 5 7 off suit and catching flushes i kno we all get bad beat but that was just ridiculious well pissed off :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

didnt we just read a story of you handing out a 9/2 out draw and scooping a massive pot, before scuttling away with the money?

http://www.fruitchat.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7154

you have to be able to take the beats as well as hand them out

if I know for a fact you have A,A I am more likely to win with 5,7 suited than QQ.
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

Exactly why Gus Hansen wins so often, he "knows" what you have. His cards are "irrelevant".
mjd

Post by mjd »

thats just daft..
boom
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

what is?
mjd

Post by mjd »

'Gus hansen knows what people have'

Thats daft. You make assumptions yes, but those assumptions are not guaranteed to be correct!
boom
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

True, but he makes a lot of final tables, his instincts are better than most.
mjd

Post by mjd »

Thats right yep, But Its like most other things, theres millions of poker players out there, so someone is bound to be the most successful..

I think the WSOP is open to anyone? So anyone from a rich background can enter, and if they do half decently (which in a game with so much luck involed is more than possible) they are considered 'professionals' just because they are there! and have a Decent stack!
boom
acen123

Post by acen123 »

Doesnt WSOP Main Event have very long blind levels? The slower the blind increases, the more play in a tourney and in theory should promote skill & experience versus blind luck. The PKR one i play has 15 min blind levels though i suppose higher stakes have longer blind levels & deeper stacks?
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

2 hour levels
starting with 10,000 chips
blinds
10/20 i think

deep stack poker is more skillful but with 8000+ players it's still a bit of a lottery. with a field that large which does include the best players in the world, it can't be won by a complete mug but there's no guarentee it'll be won by a top player either.
Dibble

Post by Dibble »

The pros consistently do far better in these tournaments than the average Joe. I disagree that its only open to people from rich backgrounds. Both sites I play at offer freeroles to gain entery to the WSOP, and various stages to suit all budgets.

I have a friend going to one of the events at the WSOP ($2k) and he is not from a rich background. He has just made a lot of money playing the game. Anyone who thinks its luck is a player who has not fully grasped the concept of poker. Ok people get sucked out on but you wont often find top players ever going all in pre flop with anything less that the top 3/4 permium hands.

During varioust SNG's and MMT's its routinely the same people I see at the final tables.
mjd

Post by mjd »

thats fair enough.. but to be in the WSOP your instantly considered a 'pro' even in round one!
boom
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

not at all. the standard of play for the first couple of days is shocking in the main event. The big boys do well because they are better at exploiting bad play from amature mugs, of which there are plenty in the WSOP.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »