big big pot

The Poker forum
maverick69

big big pot

Post by maverick69 »

Was playing on a 5/10 no limit holdem table 10 players, basically i had started with 400 quid and managed to get it up to 750, playing really steady folidng loads of hands and mixing it up. any way i had got pocket queens, and on this hand this guy goes all in 1000 pounds, i called with my queens and another 2 ppl also called so i had my balls on the line, 3000 quid up for grabs. AA the raiser i thought shit, the other 2 had j9 suited and k 10 suited. bang come down the flop three, queen, queen,turn card ace i was shitting it now bang seven, i was running around my room, the biggest desion ever risking 750 quid on pocket queens against aces. such a good feeling and the 2600 profit from the night has come in useful, im guna stick to the smaller tables from now on. yes yes yes :P
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

well done!

I would shit a brick if I'd had a hundredth of what you had on, but that makes victory all the sweeter!
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

nice 1 if it was me doing the bigger money allins i woulda lost it all. whenever i play big i get no luck :(
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

very lucky. even if QQ was the best hand preflop, against 3 random hands you lose more than half the time. against an over pair plus two other random hands I'd be suprised if you were more than 5% there

to play $5/$10 you need to buy in for $1000 and have a bankroll of at least $10,000. you are playing against some SERIOUS playerd at this level. I'm talking WSOP / WPT / EPT winners as well as the sharks who never play big tourneys but make serious wedge on the cash games.

you should always buy in for the table max and have 10 buy ins as a bank roll.
Dibble

Post by Dibble »

you need to wager a max of 5% of you want to keep your br intact. 10% is just too too risky!
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

generally true, but at the much bigger games I know players who will stake 10% because their egde over players like Maverick69 is so great (no offense)

I keep to 20 buy ins for cash myself (5%)
STTs I go to 10% but my ROI is much better on these.
joe3_3

Post by joe3_3 »

Such bad play its not even as if you went all in with qq you called it.
What do you think people go in all on that level blinds small pocket pairs?
Or maybe AA KK possibly AK but even that you dont wana be up against.
JG

Post by JG »

It sounds like Maverick got in a bit deep. There's no great detail in his posting, but I'm guessing that call with queens was a red hot gamble rather than a stone cold read on the early raiser. A risky move and deep stack 25p/50p folding would be an easy choice against an all in out the blue against QQ. At low stakes I myself sometimes move all in with aces. A crazy move, but you'd be surprised how often you see JQ suited, 66 even 8 5os once (8 5 won!) and of course KK, QQ.

Lucky escape.
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

i understand what your saying, but QQ aint the easiest of hands to lay down!
mjd

Re: big big pot

Post by mjd »

maverick69 wrote:Was playing on a 5/10 no limit holdem table 10 players, basically i had started with 400 quid and managed to get it up to 750, playing really steady folidng loads of hands and mixing it up. any way i had got pocket queens, and on this hand this guy goes all in 1000 pounds, i called with my queens and another 2 ppl also called so i had my balls on the line, 3000 quid up for grabs. AA the raiser i thought shit, the other 2 had j9 suited and k 10 suited. bang come down the flop three, queen, queen,turn card ace i was shitting it now bang seven, i was running around my room, the biggest desion ever risking 750 quid on pocket queens against aces. such a good feeling and the 2600 profit from the night has come in useful, im guna stick to the smaller tables from now on. yes yes yes :P

Thats would definately warrant a few running laps of the house! Nice one!
boom
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

bigv038 wrote:i understand what your saying, but QQ aint the easiest of hands to lay down!
at $5/$10 no limit it is