The River

The Poker forum
bigv038

The River

Post by bigv038 »

ok im playing $1 $2 stakes i get pocket aces on the small blind. its a 10 man table and people have raised before i get to act. i re-raise only to be re-raised allin by someone. Naturally i call, the pots at $500+ i turn my aces, the other guy turns queens. Im rubbing my hands together thinking im rich (haha). flop comes 99k - happy. turn 6.... im now thinking anything but a queen on the river and guess what, river - queen.
To rub it in the guys swedish and a few others from around the table type nh. To say im gutted is an understatement.
why are so many hands decided by the river? It doesnt happen as much at all in live play. Do you think each player has like a percentage on each site? some hands you have to play or call and your probably already beat by a weaker hand before you see the cards. Thoughts please.
Dibble

Post by Dibble »

My only thoughs are if you showed signes of being loose on the table? I play a lot of 1/2 2/4 and it happens quite a lot. pretty much the same thing happneded to me on 2/4 the other day. BB I get delt AA, mid position raises to 12 (3xBB) everyone folds apart from SB, who raises to 36, being late position I re raise to 100 hoping to have a race with one of the others. Both go all in and there is about 1100 in the pot. I flip over aces, the next fella had KK and the small blind has QQ, flop q 22. No cards improve the situation and its game over

Worst hand wins again

Gutted
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

i wasnt playing loose. The worst hand winning happens too often. Im trying to keep away from online poker now, sticking to the live games.
Dibble

Post by Dibble »

Where do you play live? Playing in the tourney tonight in Walsal Birmningham tonight if anyone is going?
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

the hand you posted about would happen live the same as on line. QQ beats AA 2 times out of 11.

online generally though it's true there are more river outdraws than live but not for the conspiracy theory reason above. it's because more rivers are dealt. I once sat at a £200 live game and the dealer button went twice round the table without a single river being dealt. thats 20 straight hands. top quality poker.

can you imagine that happening at $1/$2 online cash?

no, me niether
Dibble

Post by Dibble »

Yeah true. I do still see almost as many horrible beats in live poker
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

I used to play live poker for a living and if you put enough time in you see it all.

I saw a Royal Flush dealt out on the board.
JJ v QQ v KK v AA and the JJ won

and best one, I personally dealt someone AA three hands in a row.

Hand 1 they were on BB. button bet, she raised, he re-raised all in with AK and she called. he didnt catch up and she doubled up

hand 2 she was SB and raised. the BB said "you can't have them again can you?" as he passed, so she showed AA

hand three. it passed round to her on the button, she raised, SB passed, BB was chip leader. he pushed all in with 2,2. she instacalled and showed AA for a third straight time.
flop had a 2 on it and she's out!!!

don't tell me online poker is rigged.
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

I try to avoid the scandinavians. Much easier playing a pissed up UK player after midnight Fri/Sat nights.
supersavo

Post by supersavo »

I find that a lot of the Scandies on Ladbrokes ( at 0.5/1 & 1/2 NL ) are solid and typically play ABC poker, they respect raises, but can be uber-aggressive when they have the goods - these tend to be the players multi-tabling 6 or more tables.

I agree though that there are also a lot of crazies, who will raise big pre-flop with fresh air, and re-raise your raises with sod all as well, sometimes find these characters hard to deal with as obviously sometimes when they are raising/re-raising they will have the goods....
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

Bout time there was another Fruitchat game. I'm harry98765 on Bad Crooks.>