Question on old RED machine - Bonkers

Red gaming fruit machine chat..
supersavo

Question on old RED machine - Bonkers

Post by supersavo »

Rarely play fruities nowadays, but pub near me has a Bonkers ( been there at least 18 months )

Sometimes pop there when its a nice day, as pub is next to estuary and its nice to watch the boats going past, folks fishing & crabbing etc .... :-)

Anyway, this Bonkers..... if you exchange across from fruitsteps or nudges to feature, then its just collects the feature... is this some sort of chipped version ?

My memory might be failing me, but i recall playing these a few years ago, and after you stepped across to feature, you could carry on trying to hi/lo up features and hopefully step back across to fruitsteps or nudges ????

I know that if the 2 hi/lo numbers are the same its a no-lose gamble, and there was a "trick" to getting 3 custard pies, get 2 via mystery win & bonus numbers, then the third via a slowed down bonus - i think that was it ???

When i last played it, it dropped in the 3 red flowers on win line for the "special feature" which paid £10. Is this a sign of good stuff to come, or just a percentage leveller ?

Appreciate any help, if the thing just pays for a couple of beers when i,m there, that would be good !
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

As far as I am aware you could never gamble the features on this. One of the poorer red games, didn't play it very often, but all the usual signs are there for the force. Never saw one throw the red flowers in..... not a lot of good if you are forcing it.
supersavo

Post by supersavo »

Cheers Mr M, i didnt play it much when it first came out, probably why my memory is a bit foggy on it !!

What would be a good sign to force it ?
red22

Post by red22 »

all green features but 1 is a good sign mate
joe3_3

Post by joe3_3 »

Typical helpful response from on here recently.
red22

Post by red22 »

ok pineapple man

mostly red features , its already been answered by saying the usual signs surely ? unless hes a a beginner in which case regardless of the signs he would lose anyway.
jiminy

Post by jiminy »

Easy rip getting symbols (I think) from true skill bonuses and mystery win iirc???
darren

Post by darren »

Well actually no its not that simple, since the features are always the same colour and the x's cannot turn red.

Asides from that its normal signs, better just recycling for the rip i believe.
BONEIDOL

Post by BONEIDOL »

the one in my local chipper is a terrible machine. i put 20 into it i got to fiver twice and hi off a 3 no good. fiver was the max it wanted to give me. and always ruined me too if i was one off getting to an X feature and just started a third gamble hi/lo on 3 to 20 to 3 and it threw up the 2. same when you think its gonna pay when you get 3 or ever 4 bonuses on the numbers 7 or 3 or 10 and you get a lucky7 on the 7 and an extra life and 2 custard pies and as soon as i get 2 pies my next gamble is destined to fail
supersavo

Post by supersavo »

Cheers for responses... havnt actually had chance to play it again since i posted, and all the pubs in my little town seem to be closing at a rate of knots
:( thanks to Gordon Clown & Co.

As said, the red/green stuff dosnt apply on these, but im sure that the original RED designer were ex_JPM heads, so i see where you're coming from now, maybe.
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

Fucking Gordon Brown.... New Labour are a disgrace.

Gordon Brown,
The Election they won,
He's a clown,
This country he runs,
Money is tight,
Don't go out at night,
But there's never a frown,
With Gordon Brown......

Apologies to The Stranglers.... :)
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Without straying too far OT, I still can't believe that this country is being run by an un-elected leader. Think how we'd react if we saw a 'non-western' country behaving in a similar way?

As for Bonkers, think I played it once, lol.
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
red22

Post by red22 »

yeah i remember now !!! cant believe i forgot that , new potatos and cabbage rogan josh = guac on wiyb !
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

jiminy wrote:Easy rip getting symbols (I think) from true skill bonuses and mystery win iirc???
yup. same as take two.
ob

Post by ob »

Dunhamzzz wrote:
jiminy wrote:Easy rip getting symbols (I think) from true skill bonuses and mystery win iirc???
yup. same as take two.
infact this machine (bonkers) was touted as emptiable of such blags, although I was never 100% sure whether that was true or not