holy fuck!!! on stack attack

Red gaming fruit machine chat..
Spyder

holy fuck!!! on stack attack

Post by Spyder »

err,

i got on this and it was offering 75% red features, force force, £20 in and it gave the top from a strange number gamble, (somthing cant remember as i wasnt expecting the gamble to win) hi on a 6 or something, gave £25 and stopped

£15 later after a few reds showing etc, id already decided to re-force for the top again, it gave about 4 number runners in a row, all of them giving £7 to £10 and losing the gamble, then the usuall stack attack lighting up from one bonus..
went for £50

bugger, a split £75 streak....

but on the £3 worth of credits i had left, i somehow managed to get a red hiddens, on a 6+bonus, fucking hell! it gave it,

then on the last press i got a 4, held on respin, 4 nudges away for reds again, hi on the initial 3, to a 10, lo for a number+bonus, i laughed and thought it was gonna take the piss, but it went SKILL for boost and nudged in the reds AGAIN on a regular 6 in the middle, for another pot,

tried a few quid and got,

cash £5
stop n step red bars
cash 3 twice
hidden money twice for £3 each

meaning overall i put about 50 in i got over 140 out,

absolutely stunned, as i had really goood wins on 2 other reds and three barcrests today, and i only finished work at 9pm, stopped gambling at 1130!

wierd, somedays, lol
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

Yes i am not suprised.

I have said before this has a long drawn out streak in it.

Offers reds straight away then can die for £50+

Then reds again and the top goes for £75

Back in red again top goes £75 again

This happened to a mate of mine.

I have had the £75 followed by a £50

The £75 cost £90 after showing reds early

And yes this m/c loves its number runners.

Think i had about 10 in one force once.

What i think happened is the person before you probably got hammered and left it.

I once saw some guy put £120 in one after reds straight away.
The top went for £25 and to my amazement he left it. Did not try another board :?
So i went on it and after £5 it lit the letters in one go and the top did a £75
Managed to get a good bit of after play too for another £20 or so.

Could not believe he left it
It can be a complete Bastard at times i think most will agree. :)
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

MrRed wrote:I once saw some guy put £120 in one after reds straight away.
The top went for £25 and to my amazement he left it. Did not try another board :?
So i went on it and after £5 it lit the letters in one go and the top did a £75
Managed to get a good bit of after play too for another £20 or so.

Could not believe he left it
It can be a complete Bastard at times i think most will agree. :)
It's probably the case that he'd not experienced 'the Stack Attack feeling' before - ie. the one where you're about £130 down yet it's been backing for ages. It feels wrong putting more in but it's liable to throw most of that back, as Spyder experienced above, in a short space of time. Not always, but sometimes.

The problem is of course that someone else then has to suffer a long drawn-out period of crap play, which is where I think Red as a manufacturer don't do themselves any favours, as the casual punters (who are in a big majority) will just get more and more pissed off with their machines.

It is surprising though that the bloke who abandoned Mr.Red's machine didn't sense a bit of payback coming his way, given that he was prepared to spend £120 that hardly makes him a casual punter and you'd have thought he'd at least try a few more quid...
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

I'm very wary of these Stack Attacks - I find I 'always' die on a low gamble when showing reds (even when buzzing!) Unlike a TG / RM where you know you can gamble out the top. There's definitely a different method of play that needs adopting when confronted with a SA.

I played on Monday morning. Backing from the off (non-refil). A few boards come along where the old all-bar-one features were red. I kept copping out on 2's and 10's etc. Still, Skill Stop started to put in an appearance, and I got a top from exchanging to the tenner and gambling it out. £25. Next few boards were promising and shortly got the name lit full after one bonus. £25. Another Skill Stop rolled in, this time took Red Hiddens as the number was 'right' it didn't mess me around (like usual!) and gave me notation for another £25. Few more boards came and went with no output, then I got the name partially lit from a bonus. Another gamble another bonus added one more letter to the name (still needed one more). Next gamble, another bonus, Skill! Stopped it on Stack Attack, top went for £50!

Fair dos I put about £60 in, but more than double your money ain't bad!

I just 'don't like playing' these Reds. They don't seem to 'conform' o the likes of RM / DNA (Red exchanges) / TG etc. Ah, and Sub Zero - the worst by far! Has anyone ever had all the features go red and win a gamble to an exchange? LOL

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
ob

Post by ob »

stack attack can be very harsh yes; the top does like to go £75 but it's damn hard to get it, in contrast to you matt I usaully get 6/8 thrown in to kill me low down.

sub zero is an awful machine, seen it cost £100+ a couple of times from offering reds ( genuine there came back a few times on both occasions ), again if you hit it lucky you'll do well but is it worth the risk?
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Agreed again ob, Sub Zero is nasty - it has almost 'sub' zero playability. And as we all know that the Red features are usually the best sign of 'payability' - it just doesn't was with this machine...

Yes, also quite a few 6's and 7's come along when you get to 4/5/6 nudges and there's nothing there...

Snail Blazer was a much, much better machine than this! :)

Mattb

Post by Mattb »

I don't mind Sub Zero.....a few cropped up in York when i was there, never seemed a lot different to Top Giza really. Same level of board frequency and all that. Maybe you just caught some rough ones.....its probably just as good as the others in all honesty.

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

I'll tell you the one thing that I've noticed on the (only one!) I've played - it's 'setting' show's a little picture of a horse, (betting shop mode I guess?)where as all other machines I play in pubs have the 'beer glass' showing. Could that be why this one plays so differently to the others?

Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Yeah, that'll be the LBO mode. Has to be the worst of the three....i've had to pay £110 (Take Two) and £105 (Spin when Your Winning) for JP on LBO set machines, both of which were showing well.
Just doesn't seem to respond well to anything in my experience. Can't seem to force some, or bit them either. Crests are usually ok, but any of the other manu's seem to play piss poor. Arcade mode all the way please! :D

Matt
ob

Post by ob »

I think it would be helpful to classify reds into groups:

Red's are 1 of 3 builds of original machine:

Build 1 : crazy cobra
Build 2 : x-rated ( ok this wasnt the first, aftershock if you are to be pedantic )
Build 3 : jp genie

Build 1 signifies easy gameplay with £50 tops common, never too costly to force, and now and again nice £75's, tops are reasonably easy to get from offering reds ( exception legal tender, which is very easy to get from reds however strings out streaks with poor £10 tops )

Build 2 signifies slightly harder gameplay ( in terms of knowing reel setups etc. ), however easy to achieve tops ( when red x's ) and quite often reasonably large and easily got streaks

Build 3 signifies the most difficult reds to get the top feature on CONSIDERING there is no player skill invovled ie. numberrunner/knowing reel setups etc. This means you may have to put alot in past when they are ready which ultimately leads to lower profit on these. This includes all clones of genie and stuff like bling bling.

Now consider that new programming of reds : sending poor hi-lo numbers all the time and tighter 3/10 gambles.. what is the implication on the 3 builds...

on build 1: a bit, but since numberrunner is still there ( rocket money for example ) you only need to win a couple of gambles anyway, so limited effect - ie. still fine

build 2: not much at all as knowing setups/numberrunners enables you to achieve the top again in 1-3 gambles

build 3: considering you need to win so many gambles to get the top, even if it is ready to give it, the new programming makes the machine much worse, ie. sub zero is alot harder to get out than genie was...

I think this summarizes why sub zero is pretty shit...

oh btw mattb I may pop up to York in the summer, have a house up there :)
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Good post ob! :)

I'd 'perhaps' class Legal Tender / Stack Attack as a sort of hybrid between your type 1 and type 3 machines tho... :)

MattB - Thanks for confirming my thoughts! Right, that's the last time I touch a red that is set to LBO mode...!

Mattb

Post by Mattb »

(Off Topic!)

I'm back in the south (Cambridge) now.....finished my degree and all that :( Can't believe 3 years has gone already!

If you go fairly soon, get yourself into Nobles and clear out the DNA and King Ker-Ching. Raked so much money from those two, and i'm fairly certain i was the only core AWP player in there. I'd see familiar faces, but they either didn't force machines, or know what they were doing.
There's a nice Stack Attack/Rocket Money combo in Wetherspoons (Micklegate), and Stack Attack/Flash cash combo in the Golden Lion (Church St.). Excellent money making opportunities! The only thing is the Lion charged me £1.42 last week for half a pepsi poured from a
bottle....outrageous!! :shock:

Matt
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Mattb wrote:The only thing is the Lion charged me £1.42 last week for half a pepsi poured from a
bottle....outrageous!! :shock:
Heh - come down to west London for a day Matt, I'll show you some pubs with prices you'll never get over :)

High drinks prices = Chavs in pubs round here, and they aren't afraid to fill machines up with 'inconvenient' loose change. So it often works to my advantage. Sadly the £3.25 I was charged for a bottle of Bud in Putney High Street at the weekend wasn't the worst :shock:
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
ob

Post by ob »

you live near putney nixxy?, they barred me from southfields + putney spoons for absolutely nothing apart from consistantly winning; if I was you I'd frequent the southfields spoons, it was easy pickings.
Firefox

Post by Firefox »

Mattb wrote:(Off Topic!)

If you go fairly soon, get yourself into Nobles and clear out the DNA and King Ker-Ching. Raked so much money from those two, and i'm fairly certain i was the only core AWP player in there. I'd see familiar faces, but they either didn't force machines, or know what they were doing.

Matt
Tread carefully in here, your post isn't accurate Matt (granted your only giving your opinion) I know for a fact that quite a few of the change girls have quite "close" relationships with some of the regulars. Info on "ready" machines can be obtained fairly easily

However, it IS actually a nice arcade and there are plenty of sharking opportunities.

And I agree, the "arcade" setting makes for much more enjoyable gameplay!

:D