cobra cabanna - your thoughts please

Red gaming fruit machine chat..
Oli

cobra cabanna - your thoughts please

Post by Oli »

Hello,

Went out for lunch today and was on this. Was offering boards every £3 or so and always gave me enough nudges for a win. (i nudge onto the cash stack as soon as a win is avaliable). However, there seemed to be no consistancy on how many of the features were red. It seemed to take it in turns. One board would have 1 feature red, the next 50% red and the next two red. Then the cycle would start again. (no wins were being collected except small open board wins). It would let me gamble the features once and then usually kill me on the second. It was letting me gamble bonus ok and was giving "Red Alert" a lot. Cobra Cabanna was filling every letter except 2 and it wouldn't let me land on it again. It was always killing me off around the £5 cash stack mark. In the end i bottled it and reversed gambled for a £10 open board win plus a few small wins after. Do you think i should have forced? If it was offering me 50% red features every board then i would have definetely gone for it, but it was the fact that there was some with only one or two red. What do you think?
streaky bacon?
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

This one can be a bugger to read. I can't recall one time that I've had an All Bar One Red on one of these. I've usually just played it out for the top when offering NR etc.

Also, they seem to prefer a staggered streak to a straight forward £50 / £75 top. ;)

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Oli

Post by Oli »

Yeah that was another factor. I heard this machine likes to do a flat £25 or to give split streaks. That would have minimised my profit. What's NR, i've gone through all the features but nothing matches? :?
streaky bacon?
Scott

Post by Scott »

Number runner on the bonus.
Cobwebs 👆
sam

Post by sam »

this is the worst red ever worser than thats magic
Nixxy

Re: cobra cabanna - your thoughts please

Post by Nixxy »

Oli wrote:Do you think i should have forced? If it was offering me 50% red features every board then i would have definetely gone for it, but it was the fact that there was some with only one or two red. What do you think?
My personal view on this is that the m/c was in one of those stages where it had recouped a significant amount of the last payout, but was still some way off awarding a top. The one thing you didn't mention is whether or not the machine was full, or whether you keyed it - this would've helped a bit.

Those red features you talked about - was it actually offering you the chance to take them, or was it just 'showing' them? Big difference between showing red boards and actually giving you the chance to collect them and an important factor in deciding whether or not to play on.

Sounds like it would've cost you a fair bit to get the top, with no guarantee of any great reward. The open boards would've continually set it back in terms of safe cash - which can make it a long and often frustrating machine to play. One possibility would've been to reverse gamble for a while until the boards are all-red-bar-one, thus avoiding the 'open board' problem.

You may well have done the right thing - depends on a few factors though!
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
sam

Post by sam »

this machine blocks on 25 all the time
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

redgaming wrote:this machine blocks on 25 all the time
Hmm, not sure about that - I'd say the blocks are at 5, 10 and £15 (red sevens) on this one. If it lets you gamble to Jackpot then it almost always lets you have the top, as it can just do a £25 top anyway if that's all it wants to pay. Also, it seems to like to complete something else from the bonus when you win the gamble from £15 to £25, like lighting all the name or giving you all red features.

That's just my expereince though, feel free to disagree!
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
sam

Post by sam »

yer i agree i cant really have a say the only reason im so against it is becase ive only played it a few times and i allways get number runner set it up 4 10 or 15 and its allways blocked 4 me on that even wen doing near on all reds and wen im just hi lowing it allthe way from normall bored it does the open bored which really is irratatin wen ure on 25 open bored theres nothing u can do
rollem

Post by rollem »

terrible. oh and thats magic wasnt a bad red really!
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Cobras are one of my least fave reds too. Had more flat £25s off these than any other. There's hardly any good red features either with the stupidly long cash trail (red toggle £7? No thanks!), plus the blocks are massive.

Of course i'll still give one a few quid if i see it, but luckily my only CC in cambridge has been taken away. Good riddance! 8)

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
JustAnotherClone

Post by JustAnotherClone »

I must of played a different cobra to you lot :shock:

I had a nice one tucked away which did a 75 every two weeks or so. Quite often it would do the 75 in one go but if it did do a flat 25 you could get a 50 shortly afterwards.
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

There is an older version called "Crazy Cobra" which is better.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Agreed, Crazy Cobra was a hell of a lot better, and I used to do very well out of that. I think it went:

Crazy Cobra
Top Giza
Crazy Cobana

Although I may be wrong... ;)

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
JustAnotherClone

Post by JustAnotherClone »

:o ops: :o ops: :o ops:

Was on about the older one me thinks :roll:

That explains a lot...........