Lock 'N' Load - Machine settings help required

Red gaming fruit machine chat..
BadBoyBushy

Lock 'N' Load - Machine settings help required

Post by BadBoyBushy »

Hi,
First, sorry if this is in the wrong area (please move it if needed). New to this forum, and will need to get to know where to post correctly.

I have a Red Gaming Lock 'N' Load machine, which I have decals for up to £2000 jackpot (although the machine says £1000), but I cannot seem to be able to set it above £250. All I get is error code 91 00.
Below are photos of the instruction manual, the settings shown inside the machine, plus I have shown the MPU5 board (switch settings on this may not be set correctly. The photo is intended to show the type of mpu board).

Jackpot switch settings inside machine (showing £1000)

Instructions showing switch settings (showing £2000)

Error code list

Do I need to have a percentage key and price key fitted for the £1000, or £2000 jackpot to be set? Or can anyone suggest what the problem could be?
I'm not to techincal on these machines, as I only have it as a savings machine, rather than serious play, but it would be nice if I could set it to the £1000, or £2000, so could any questions you post in an attempt to help me, be as non techincal as reasonably possible (i.e. I wouldn't know what an MPU or stake key was if I hadn't already been told).
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

Well this is just a guess, but i would think that you will need the corresponding keys plugged into the stake/prize and the %age plugs otherwise how can the machine know what it is supposed to play to as from what i know (which isnt much if im honest) all the info for the machine to read and therefore work from will be done by setting the DIL switches on the keys themselves.

EDIT: just looked on gooooooogle and thse are the pics of the keys i have found which look like ithey should fit into the corresponding sockets on your machine and the dil switches on there can then be set to how you want it.

Stake/prize key (to fit the left socket on your machine)

%age key (to fit the right one)

deano8177 wrote:When I rang him I asked if I could play any of the gaming machines and he said no cos they keep getting fiddled. Then I said I'd be down soon to watch the football, and that I was going to shit in his urinal.
thecannonball89 wrote:If you go out on a friday night to play a deadmans and end up going out up town having 5bags of heavly cut drugs end up in the brothel, and wake up feeling like shit on monday morning sitting out a p3 dial trying to make bk ur losses of a 5am roulette sesion, your probly a player
:lol:
BadBoyBushy

Post by BadBoyBushy »

That's kinda what I thought, but it appears that it is pre-programmed for all the jackpots upto £250, but none of the switch settings for the higher jackpots work.
All the percentage switch settings work as per the machine, and the instruction manual, so I don't understand why the jackpots above £250 give the error code.
If they are pre-programmed, then why does the machine have sockets for payout and percentage keys?
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

Hmm, im guessing that they can be run unpto 250 with no keys needed but once you want to up it then you need the keys to do it.

From what those instructions say, with all dil switches set to the OFF position, you will have a machine that is on 30p play with a 250 jackpot, and i would guess that with no key plugged in, and thus, nothing to complete any of the circuits in there, this would be the case.

As for the percentage key, looks like the same thing, all 3 switches off (or no key inserted) will give you 72% as default, only changeable unless you have a key with switches to set if you wanna change it.

Just looked on ebay and keys are only about a fiver each, but they do say on there that they are only to suit certian jackpot amounts, but i for one don't think that is correct, as from what i can see its as easy as a series of switches set to ON or OFF to achieve different settings so i wouldnt think it would really matter what key you use as long as you set the switches according to what your machine says, but as i say i am not totally sure on this last bit, there may well be much more to it than that.
deano8177 wrote:When I rang him I asked if I could play any of the gaming machines and he said no cos they keep getting fiddled. Then I said I'd be down soon to watch the football, and that I was going to shit in his urinal.
thecannonball89 wrote:If you go out on a friday night to play a deadmans and end up going out up town having 5bags of heavly cut drugs end up in the brothel, and wake up feeling like shit on monday morning sitting out a p3 dial trying to make bk ur losses of a 5am roulette sesion, your probly a player
:lol:
Stopnstep

Post by Stopnstep »

To be honest this machine is pretty old so the chances of it being able to convert to more than £250 are pretty slim, hence the errors.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Hi,

Not that I know much at all about the 'under-the bonnet' side of these machines, but £1000 and £2000 Jackpot sounds dubious to me at best? Maybe I've just never heard of them, but I thought £250 was the max on this type of machine?

Heh, imagine trying to do a stop n' step for £2000. Bang! Shit, Cherries - 50p. lol
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

cherries on a 2 grand jacky would be at least a couple of quid matt :wink:
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Grandslam 1000 jp
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

I saw a Club PCB with a £1000JP in a private golf club bar many moons ago ...
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy