Full, Red, Cost £100+ for a Top

Red gaming fruit machine chat..
Matt Vinyl

Full, Red, Cost £100+ for a Top

Post by Matt Vinyl »

I've seen lots of posts recently regarding this scenario, but have never experienced myself. I've said before that I must be getting really lucky, or is there something more to it than that?

Vortex
X-Rated
OAR

These are the key machines I play, and have never lost more than £10 / £15 at most from assessing it's playability / state.

There was a story of a CCP that took £110 for a top, and was Red-X-ing from the start. I can only assume that safe cash wins were being taken, or other wins were being collected...?

I'm sure we all agree on this, but is 'the force' not purely going all out from the top, gambling on 6's and 7's when on £25 etc.?

I'm just interested in the real specifics of other peoples playing methods.

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

My 3 £100+ for the top has come on.
1. open the box - My 1st and last serious play on this. Didn't really know how to read the machine so just did an all out force. Cost about £120 odd to get a MS for a flat £35 then was costing £5+ for a board winning £3 - £10. Lost about £90
2. OAR - Took £140 to force the top. I partly blame myself as it didn't look to impressive to start,wasn't going above £5 but it was a saturday dinner time so i was hoping it had been filled the previous night. It was offering £25 after about £75 in but was getting obvious the machine was setting up the safe cash wins of £5 - £7 to hold it back. When it went i'd got £38 in safe cash wins and the top did £70
3. Was at the weekend on a FNC cost £25 for a top but was fully redding so went again and cost £200+ for the next top. never collected a thing except for a few forced safe cash but even they where usually only £3 max.

When i'm in force mode I gamble on any number till i get the top.
My 1st 2 £100+ i can put down to inexperience/bad discipline but the FNC just had me lost for words.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

That's the sort of thing I mean... ;)
fully redding so went again and cost £200+
That must be exceedingly bad luck. I'm guessing all consecutive boards were not ARB1 / 2? I just find it hard to beleive these (or any Red) can take £200+ and not give a top. Even most rechases wouldn't cost that?

I'm glad you agree on the hi / lo any number force routine (I'm sure we all do, unless it's a quick JP on your first pound or two).

Out of interest, do you know what %age it was set to? Most around here are upwards of 78%, perhaps that's the reason I don't have as much trouble. (84% with the +6% from 50p play!).

:?
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

The 1st board after the top was ARB1 and bonus gave Red alert so they're all red but wouldn't let me gamble to the next feature exchange. then I had a few ARB 3 or 4 boards then AGB1 for a few boards then ARB1 again. Lost count how many times I had them all red but couldn't get to the exchange. It had £60 in coins and £200 in notes off me!
The next £20 proceeded to drop it's bollocks and paid just shy of £200.
It was on 74% + 6% on 50p which i was using.
Scott

Re: Full, Red, Cost £100+ for a Top

Post by Scott »

Matt Vinyl wrote: There was a story of a CCP that took £110 for a top

:)

that was me, did'nt really have many safe wins too be honest, i play on 30p mega spins, and if it does open the safe win i reverse the gamble when low down. and i was relentlessy going for the top but it was having none of it. when i was roughly a ton in [still no top] it gave me £15 on the cash stack on a bonus 3 that i stepped too the 11 and it still went too a 12 :x :x :x

too make things worse i ran out of coins, had too order a bag of crisps and get the change in 50p and 20p because there was no coins, finally had too ask too see the manager too get some coins from the safe, after being £140 in i got £35 twice then a £70 shortly after for money back. left an iou for £19 [no notechanger] that i got paid today :D . not a horror story cause i finished level, more frustrating.
Cobwebs 👆
Stopnstep

Post by Stopnstep »

I think we have all had the nightmares but on the other hand we have always had the small amount in for a big top. It just boils down to luck in my opinion, surely when a machine is ready it is ready and you are just losing the gambles by bad luck.

If you end up forcing a machine that is hammered in the first place then you are going to get stung but if it is showing from the off then you are going to push it and expect to win, occasionally that doesn't happen.

Thank god it doesn't happen that often and that the good times outweigh the bad. :D
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Your spot on there. In the last few weeks i've had some really cheap tops.
Invincible £8 1st Board All red features for a £70 Top
Chav It £6 for a £35 JP with 2 repeats
Jewel in the crown £3 for a £45 Crazy Reels
CCP £3 for a number runner then gamble to the top for £70
Lucky Devil £12 for the £105 top
Even had a MS in me box on OTB off a fiver :lol:
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

Invincible red and full £120 for top did £25
£30 for the next still red £50 top
Still red £40 for £75
Then dead, so £190 in for £150 back

OAR red from the off £110 for £25
£30 in for £75
£140 in for £100 back

FNC £100 in for a £35 top
£40 in for £70 then dead

There are more, i really think you have been luvky MattV as i have had it a good few times
On the other hand yes i have done little for a big reward
Slug For A Butt

Post by Slug For A Butt »

I was speaking to a guy I know likes the bandits in my local yesterday, he was bitching about the Piggy Bank taking £180 from him the night before. He's just a brute forcer, doesn't look to see whether the machine is playing or not, he just pumps money in until it pays. I guess he has now been well and truly welcomed to the world of Red machines.
Well he was pumping a few more pounds in as I chatted to him and he was getting almost all red boards every time he got a board, but he was losing gambles at £10 or less every time. Is this a new thing for Reds? I always seemed to get cracking results from any Red machine that was showing nearly all reds, but I stuffed a few quid in after him and took the red features on the boards and came away with £57 profit.
My main questions are
Why was it knocking him back on the gambles when the board was saying "I'm ready to go"?
Is it worth taking the red features and accumulating, or is pushing for the top still viable on new Reds?
Dynamike

Post by Dynamike »

Slug For A Butt wrote: getting almost all red boards every time he got a board, but he was losing gambles at £10 or less every time. Is this a new thing for Reds?
I'm not sure if it is new, but they do like blocking for no apparent reason sometimes. My friend and I establised that taking a toggle climb red, or any feature that gives around a tenner, can unlock them sometimes, but I wouldn't say it worked everytime although my mate did swear by doing when he played Reds. Has anyone else done anything similar?
Scott

Post by Scott »

if i find a red not showing and i'm just collecing a few wins and i somehow get a win over £5 then i always play for another board, you do find it will show after this win every so often [quite rare], kind of un-locks it like you say. had this a few times now :wink:
Cobwebs 👆
Slug For A Butt

Post by Slug For A Butt »

When I stuffed a few quid in after him, I was very mindful of two things
a) it had been showing him good boards for some time but kept giving him the heave ho whenevr he tried to gamble up to a respectable level.
b) this is a new machine that I haven't seen before, and I was wondering if Red had changed their gameplan. It just didn't seem to play like the other Reds. Looks like TG to me but doesn't seem to pay a big win when showing? I'll admit it... my balls were too small after I had seen it rape him when it was showing I just took garuanteed red wins. Would it probably have gone big time if I had kept going for top or would it have raped me too?
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

i think it woulda streaked huge! £180 in any red and surely you have to force it? :?
your mates crazy :lol:
Stopnstep

Post by Stopnstep »

Would of gone big eventually with that amount being put in it. Your mate was probably just being unlucky with the gambles, as with all reds sometimes getting to the end can be a mare even when going. You made a good profit though so you shouldn't worry about it.
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

Dynamike wrote:
Slug For A Butt wrote: getting almost all red boards every time he got a board, but he was losing gambles at £10 or less every time. Is this a new thing for Reds?
I'm not sure if it is new, but they do like blocking for no apparent reason sometimes. My friend and I establised that taking a toggle climb red, or any feature that gives around a tenner, can unlock them sometimes, but I wouldn't say it worked everytime although my mate did swear by doing when he played Reds. Has anyone else done anything similar?
I sometimes take toggle on Lucky Devil when its being a pain
A few times now the next board has been glowing
It does happen but there again most of the time it doesn't