Sub Zero/Kings Random Help

Red gaming fruit machine chat..
mwalshe99

Sub Zero/Kings Random Help

Post by mwalshe99 »

They have theese machines in my local pub, i sometimes seem to win, sometimes not. is there any hints/tips/advice anyone could help me with that could improve my winning chances?

thanks in advance. :)
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Hi!

These two particular Reds can be a real pain in the rear. They are not ones that should be forced for the top, moreso taking Red features and if you can get past the five pound block, perhaps taking £8-£10 on the cash trail.

Of course, if the standard Red signs are 'consistently' there, it might well be worth the push. Else, do as above. ;) Do a search for these machine names (oh and it's 'Ransom', not 'Random' ;) ) and you should find loads of advice on which features are best to take / avoid etc...

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
mwalshe99

Post by mwalshe99 »

yea thats the first thing i did, searched the forums... some good information came up, but it was very vague, eg when/not to force ect*

Is there a feature list somewhere? with a description of what each one does??? maybe a rough estimate of the features payout??? or am i right in thinking that depends on how much the machine is willing to payout...

anfield road

Post by anfield road »

If they are redding consistently?? once they have redded once then its there.
Guarenteed a £50 streak as the boards will red every other board, if it stops redding and goes back to normal then its there for £75.

Theese are never really as flat as most other reds because everyone plays them wrong, like when you have cherries on the 1st and 3rd reel etc most people hold reel 1 and 2, just hold reel one and it drops both in usually.

If it reds once then all out force, its all about knowing when to gamble and not letting yourself get too high up the cash trail.
justice For The 96
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

If they are redding consistently?? once they have redded once then its there
Not a chance!!! I have been (and seen others) stung when they show Red once (or even twice) and then die on their arse. Don't forget you could be on the end of a streak, when it will still show red for a bit, but block at that tenner...

I will agree that 'most' of the time when Redding, you are on for profit, but just be wary of where you are in the 'cycle'. ;)
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

let me remind people that Kings Ransom, sub zero can red feature all day and still not be there. Obviously if they constantly redding then they are there, just like any red. But they do fake red and can be a pain in the arse with safe cash wins etc when forcing!
theoak

Post by theoak »

Id just keep away from SZ, awful red, probably the worst ever.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Too right, i've forced a Kings Ransom from all red before and its cost me £110! I ended up losing about £30 odd when i came off it. Definitely one to bank reds up. Cash Falls on these style reds are great, you can usually bag £10+ most times, even on normal!
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
theoak

Post by theoak »

yeah, the long trails ala dragon drop are very good for that feature.
Calski

Post by Calski »

King's Ransom for me, is the worst red, period. Sub Zero can be a bugger at times as well, but if I ever see a KR I don't stop for it anymore. I'm sure others have had better days on this but too many instances of redding from the off, or showing in general etc and still being horrendous, found myself in a very similar situation to MattB recently, when I played it, ALB 3 and gambling quite well but still took just over a ton for £75. Yeah £25 down isn't the worst, but this machine seems to do it alot, definately the worst red for me!
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

I rest my case then... ;)

:)
no name

Post by no name »

Sub Zero's definitely the worst Red for me, lost a profitable Megazone to this pile of poo. Keyed it to find it full (not on refill day), playing on 30p/spin, stuck £20 in for three bloody half red boards, all of them died first gamble on a 10 at 50p.

:x :x :x
_delIDE0-2F4B2009_0x0000F9
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

I think you need your head testing if you prefer Megazone to a red!
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

Haha, i don't mean to be rude but megazone isn't that good mate. Have a good play on all the reds, extremes and crests then you will see a major contrast in the gameplay and the profit you make out of them!!!!

Tom
Oli

Post by Oli »

I think Sub Zero is better than Kings Ramson. I used to hate SZ but know i'm coming round to like it. Has anyone noticed that when places get new machines everywhere else followes? For example, 6 months ago everywhere was full of extremes. Then everywhere changed within about 2 weeks of each other and all had Cobra Cabannas. I thought this was coincedence but then when the next change happened, everywhere became full of LABs and DNAs! (I wasnt complaining at that point, just thought it was weird :) ). And now they are all full of SZ, coranation street and Hot shots. There is no variety, just two or three machines everywhere that change every couple of months. Is this happening to anyone else???

Back on topic, where abouts do you live mate? My local has SZ and KR! Your lucky, i'm in a good mood today so will give you a feature list of SZ :) :

Find the Flake - Three cash values are displayed, hidden and then mixed about. The one you choose is the one you win. Red can offer the jackpot £25 but is usually £10.

Snow Fall - Cash stack starts at jackpot and decreases to the bottom quickly. Stop it when as soon as possible after it starts to decrease.

Frost Bite - Aka Star Choice. Four cash amounts will flash up on the screen with some of the digits being covered by stars. The trick here is to watch for the first digits of the four numbers. If these are high, then you will have a high win in total. If two or more of the four numbers begin with 3s then take it.
Cross the Ice - Aka Criss Cross Cash. A vertical and a horizontal line will flash in random places on the top board. When you stop it, you win the cash value that is on the square where the two lines meet.

Peek Seeker - Aka Fast Cash. Cash stack moves up and down quickly. The trick is to stop it when it is at its highest point. Usually around £4 depending on how skilled you are.

Money Mountain - This feature awards cash shots on the top board. When red, the player can slow down the selection to select the desired win.

Ice Picka - Aka Pick a Win. Reels spin into a position where a win is shown. The player can either accept the win or wait a few seconds and the reels will spin in a different win. The idea is for the player to stop the reels when there is a decent win shown. However, please note that this isn't a particulaly high paying feature, espically when green, so dont expect mega high wins!

Cash Climb - Two cash values will flash on the cash stack and the player must press start when the biggest value is lit. E.G. £1 win and £1.20 win will flash and the player must stop it on £1.20. This then repeats itself for the next value's (£1.20 and £1.60). The player continues up the cash stack until it is stopped on the lower value or if the player collects the current win. Note that the speed of the flashes between the two values gets faster the further up the cash stack you are.

Blizzard Series - Streak feature where a credit is charged everytime a win spins in. After each win a "Yes/no" senario (similar to repeat chance scenario's on other machines) is displayed on the screen. The player has to stop it on "Yes" in order for the streak to continue. This determins the length of the streak. Can be good when red.

Big Freeze - Typical streak feature. This is considered to be the best feature on this machine and when on red will usually go for at least £25 and can go as high as £75. Although be careful as it can also give low amounts as well when green.

There is some i have missed, cant remember them..
streaky bacon?