Kings Ransom

Red gaming fruit machine chat..
fruitofthegods

Kings Ransom

Post by fruitofthegods »

Absolute shocker of a machine. Bet you've all had the same happen along the line :lol:

Basically, its Jackpot Genie in a Robin Hood theme. Safe cash is triggered from bonus and it spins round an archery board with mid wins outside, bigger wins middle and £25 in center. whatever number is on the reel on getting that safe bonus spins you round that amount. Also noticed that the crystal ball numbers have been printed on the glass (maybe due to complaints that punters would forget what it predicts?). Also something different from Genie was the "red Treasure" bonus that changed some of the blue note values to red ones (ala Legal Tender)

well anyway, first board was half and half red features, let me gamble to £8. Decided to plow on as I had a spare 30 minutes & things werent the usual crap £2 board then dead... about £15 later money starts dropping over the back. £95 later and still no sign of jackpot. About £60 in it went to £15 and then started again with the £2, £2.50 boards. Safe cash wins every feature which was beginning to piss me off as i have never seen any red take the piss this much.

Had some bloke blatantly sharking me... on a machine next to it... taking 5 minutes for EVERY super hold on the reel game etc etc

wanted to wipe that smug smile off his face (plus I was running outta cash) so took a few features on the many frequent red boards. Took a green "Notes of the Pound Table" (top feature) and it gave me £20 worth of shots on the notes. Then took a red READY STEADY GO and got £20, red choose a win for a tenner. ended up walking with about £40 as i had to pick some people up and was already running late :roll:

cutting a long story short - dont think I will ever play another genie or clone again. they are complete gash. gambling for the red top feature or 3 x crowns seems to be the best for this machine. gambling all the way to the £25 cash award is ball-breakingly agonising and it doesnt even set the streak off this way, no repeat chance. nadda.

rant over! why couldnt they get a nice cobra clone or something instead of this bloody joke of a machine.

gotta :h: :h: red gaming.... :shock:
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Being a long time fan of Reds, I will say that their newer machines are starting to get tighter and tighter...

Starting from when Sub Zero came out, things have at best reached a plateu for the Redsters...

- Forcing for the top is often thwarted by ridiculous safe cash amounts being awarded (£15 repeat on a SZ!)

- Lots of crappy boards throwing 'Open Board' on you, then killing you next gamble for a piddly pound win.

- I'm 99.99% sure that they've 'built in' a 'patch' to step reels out of sync if number runner would give you blue / red sevens.

- A much more prominent block at £5, £10 and £15.

- Nasty numbers with no useful bonus available.

- That 'dead' spell extended from an average of £10 to more like £20.

These points mainly relate to DD, KR, LaB and machines with the Spin/Super Spin/Mega Spin options...

Having said that, CC, TG, RM, DNA, X-R and the older ones like That's Magic etc are still the best for huge, easy to read profitability...

I will still put Reds at the top of my list, but Barcrest have made up a bit of ground on them over the last few releases...

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

Had something similar happen to me a while back on a jackpot gems

Cost me £20 for the top which went for £25

Decided to force again-Big Mistake
I would only usually force again if showing mostly reds but i was drunk!!

Anyway it then decided to take the piss for another £120 before giving in and the top went for £50
Then it died on its arse

But unusually i found it amusing and was laughing most of the time i played it

I knew i could recoup the loss on other reds

Bottom line is reds are great most of the time but you will always get done over once in a while, big time, if you constantly force them
Key is when to force and when to take features
Nixxy

Re: Kings Ransom

Post by Nixxy »

fruitofthegods wrote:Basically, its Jackpot Genie in a Robin Hood theme. Safe cash is triggered from bonus and it spins round an archery board with mid wins outside, bigger wins middle and £25 in center. whatever number is on the reel on getting that safe bonus spins you round that amount...
Sounds like a semi-clone of Snailblazer, with elements of other machines' quirky-bits built in, would that be sort of accurate?
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy