Email Address's

Need help using the website? Have any suggestions? Ask here. This is also the place where important website announcements will be made.
admin

Email Address's

Post by admin »

Could all members please make sure that the email you have entered on your profile is a real one.

I keep getting "bounced back" emails. The main reason for this is each time you are sent a PM, an email is sent to you to notify you of the PM. If your email address isnt correct, the notification bounces back to me. (No info or even a username, just that someone with a specific email address had a new PM).

Getting way to many of these now, they are cloggin my inbox!!

If you are worried about spam, just enter an old email address - just as long as it is still active. That way I wont keep getting all these "Mail Delivery Error" Messages.

Another way, is to go into your profile, and untick "send email on new PM".

Cheers.

Mike.
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

I got a PM email notification, but there are no PM's in my inbox. Seems an odd state of affairs !
admin

Post by admin »

That happens when when someone sends a PM, but then decides to delete it from their outbox before you have time to receive it.
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

Set email confirmation as a required register option. Will mean ppl will HAVE to use real email addresses in order to sign up.
admin

Post by admin »

I have, months ago!!

Unfortunately, if the email address they use becomes obsolete, or if they decide to change it after joining, were back at square one with the bouncebacks..

I now have an excel file with usernames and email address side by side. So at least I can now quickly match the email to a member, and manually edit their account.
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

have u considered setting a noreply@fruitchat.co.uk and getting that to send out the emails??