note acceptor

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
skeme

note acceptor

Post by skeme »

Hi,

I have pharoahs gold- bell fruit machine with the scorpion 4 board in it.

I have just bought a note acceptor for it from ebay which i was told will work with bell fruit machines its an nv8 acceptor.

However the cable that came with it doesnt seem to match up to the circuit board....can you get different cables or is it just these two arent compatible? if you can plug it in.....where does it go...direct to the motherboard?

thanks
BRISTOLMAN

Post by BRISTOLMAN »

Hi
Does the machine have the right software to run the note reader, do you know if its a serial loom (how many wires) as this might stop you, unless you get the right software.
skeme

Post by skeme »

Im not too sure...all i know is the board doesnt have a socket spare or big enough for the plug on the acceptor.

The instruction manual mentions a note acceptor...and I know the machine has the blanking plate for one...so it must be possible???

Any ideas how i would sort or find out the software level?
BRISTOLMAN

Post by BRISTOLMAN »

I'm guessing, its a none note reader software machine, they would then send you a note reader and loom and software all for a tidy amount.
I think it will be a parallel note reader machine as the board is old, I'm note sure how you can tell sorry. Id be surprised if it has the right software and is switchable via a dill switch, but you never know