Coronation street questions

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
SimonFin

Coronation street questions

Post by SimonFin »

Hi all,
i`ve got a Coronation Street fruit machine. It`s black, with a number trail running up, along with a few features (Bingo and "Des's dead cert" among others). It`s a 20p play £10 jackpot, and when I got it it worked fine - paid out correctly etc. However, recently it has just stopped paying out without me changing anything inside it.

Money still goes in fine, and is counted correctly. The tubes are now full so the money just drops down to the hoppers at the bottom.

I`ve had a quick look to try and find a way to drop the money that`s in it, without any joy - either that or try and fix the problem. Does anyone have a manual for this, or know of a good site with basic questions like this answered? I`ve got access to the main board with all the DIP switches etc, but without a manual or guide I don`t know what any of them actually do.

I`ve got all the keys needed to get into the front and the rear of the machine, and found a round key screwed to the wall inside the machine that I can`t find anything to open with. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help!
soundwave77

Re: Coronation street questions

Post by soundwave77 »

SimonFin wrote:Hi all,
i`ve got a Coronation Street fruit machine. It`s black, with a number trail running up, along with a few features (Bingo and "Des's dead cert" among others). It`s a 20p play £10 jackpot, and when I got it it worked fine - paid out correctly etc. However, recently it has just stopped paying out without me changing anything inside it.

Money still goes in fine, and is counted correctly. The tubes are now full so the money just drops down to the hoppers at the bottom.

I`ve had a quick look to try and find a way to drop the money that`s in it, without any joy - either that or try and fix the problem. Does anyone have a manual for this, or know of a good site with basic questions like this answered? I`ve got access to the main board with all the DIP switches etc, but without a manual or guide I don`t know what any of them actually do.

I`ve got all the keys needed to get into the front and the rear of the machine, and found a round key screwed to the wall inside the machine that I can`t find anything to open with. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help!
If the machine is using tubes youve probably got a coin inside the tube thats fell in vertically, basically the tube is blocked at the bottom. Best thing to do is take the tube off and see if you can see and physical blockage. If theres no blockage then check the wiring to the solenoid as tube machines are old now then tend to have wear and tear - if still no luck then im guessing without seeing the machine the solenoid has gone!! easy to fit and go for pennys on ebay, should have it working in no time. As for the DIL switches on your main board i wouldnt worry about them, they will have nothing to do with the machine not paying out.
SimonFin

Post by SimonFin »

Hi,
thanks for your help. The problem has happened with both tubes at exactly the same time, which seems weird to me. I`m thinking it might be the PSU acting up? Worth checking this first do you think?

Thanks again!
PHOENIXLEISURE

:)

Post by PHOENIXLEISURE »

Hi I have opened a site with a forum with answers to all questions but you have to pay to join £5.00 We have qualified techs on site 7 days and they do have a great knoweledge of machines and helping amateurs.
"Technician Not Magician"