help with note acceptor

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
djbiggy

help with note acceptor

Post by djbiggy »

hi i have an NV8 acceptor but when i plug it into AUX and start up i get no light on the front too accept any notes ?

status light is flashing green but no light too accept note ?

Do i have too sync the nv8 to the machine or something

Its been in a barcrest dosh n pecks and now wana try it in a barcrest club card shark

any help from the pros :D
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Post by COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 »

Does the machine have enough money in it?

Fruit machines which fit note acceptors need at least £100 in the hopper to activate the unit. If you don't have 100 pound coins then you can press the hopper top up button, this will tell the acceptor unit that there is £250 in there; which is the max float.
djbiggy

Post by djbiggy »

thanks for the reply m8

yea worked that out after doing it done hoppers topped up and it was fine

But surely u only do hoppers topped up when the hopper is full other wise it would start taking money down the back with say half a hopper ?

Thats not rite is it ?
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Post by COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 »

Yes you are right, the money would drop down into the cash box below; as the machine would recognise it as having the full £250 in it.
Nokring

Post by Nokring »

Hi there, When you move a note acc from one machine to another you need to reset the note readers BNV key, this is like a pin number that locks the note acc to that machine. its to stop people drilling a hole and pulling the cable out, hooking up there own validator and rape the machine, its easy to do, just take a note of the dip switch settings, then power down the machine, change the dils to all off then power the machine up, it will flash red a few times then goes back to green, once it goes green re set the dips to what there were before (do this with the power on still.

the key will either be,,

or last six digits of the seriels number
or could be on a sticker
we change the proms on ours at work so once reset its 341542

good luck