Barcrest Horn of Plenty

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
Pugwash

Barcrest Horn of Plenty

Post by Pugwash »

Hi,
Having just picked up a Barcrest Horn of Plenty and finally managing to get it up two flights of stairs (after removing the front door **!*!**) the machine is working more or less perfectly with the exception of a few blown bulbs. I can easily sort the bulbs and there is no rush. My wife is not so impressed with the paint we managed to shave off the side of the door frame in the process.
I'm not looking for something for nothing here. However, if anyone has any suggestions as to where I might be able to buy a manual for this particular machine I would be more than grateful. I am also interested in acquiring the error codes at some point in the future. Could anybody please give me any advice? Anything at all would be most appreciated.
As a bit of background, I have a degree in Electronic Systems form the late 90's, although I doubt it is of little use today with machines being "pull out.... pop in" units etc. I suspect the Horn of Plenty was manufactured for service in 2004, but may be wrong.
I am trying to determine which MPU and cabinet it is. It has been a long, long time since I had a machine. My plan is to learn as much as I possibly can about the machine so I can maintain it in the future. I would also like to buy another fruit machine (possibly Dr Who based etc) and keep them running.
I'm not big on trying to win from a fruit machine - it's software based, but I do have lots of fun "trying".
As I have already said, I am not on here looking for something for nothing and if I can help anybody out, I will. So, in a nut shell, I am looking for any info at all, no matter how trivial, that someone on here might be willing to chat about, regarding this specific machine. I really need to get my head around what is going on internally before even considering another one.
Many thanks for taking the time to read my post. For someone that was once well up on the electronic and computer based scene, I am like a fish out of water with this puggy. I can see what is what inside the cabinet, but at this stage, little more.
Thanks again for reading. Marcus
boyo169

Post by boyo169 »

drop me a p.m