"Frenzy" fruit machine pays directly out if you win rather than going into the bank??

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
colinhayter

"Frenzy" fruit machine pays directly out if you win rather than going into the bank??

Post by colinhayter »

Hi, I have just purchased the "Frenzy" fruit machine, and it seems that every time I win, for example £10, it will pay out the £10 once completed the winning sequence, and it WONT simply go straight into the bank!! I did have to swap 4 of the hold buttons/Hi/Lo buttons round the other day as they were in the incorrect positions, so could i have accidently put the switches back into the wrong sequence? (The Hi/Lo and Collect/Take feature buttons are all now working!!)
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

be a switch setting, is it a bellfruit machine?
colinhayter

Post by colinhayter »

Hi buzzer.... Its a Barcrest!
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

well assuming its mpu5, there are two banks of switches, one on the game card and one on the mpu5 itself
make a note of current settings and start switching them off.

normal settings for a barcrest are all switches off

unless it has had the c-c talk note acceptor update which includes changing a switch to on position.
either switch 1 or 8 on the mpu5 i think..
colinhayter

Post by colinhayter »

Hi, I just tried the switches on "Bank 2", which were 1 to 8... 1 was already on.... If we switched 8 on I could only put 1 coin in at a time, so its def not that!!! Tried 2 through to 7... and still pays directly out rather than into the bank...
When i got the machine it was 10p play and £5 Jackpot, so i simply took the Key out !!!
I will upload both pics of the 8 switches, and also the key that i have taken out, as that also has switches on it??
Attachments
20150913_190133.jpg
20150913_190032.jpg
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

the key is a stake/prize key so dont change that

if you look closely at the mpu5 (bottom left i think) there will be another set of switches.
colinhayter

Post by colinhayter »

The Stake/Prize key i took out!!! So now the machine plays 25p play with £15 Jackpot... I presumed that was okay to do?? I will have another look bottom left to see if i can find more switches....

Should i leave the Stake/Prize key in then!! As we tried various number sequences, and we simply got different stakes, ie. 5p play, 10p play, 20p play and 30 play.... And then various jackpot payouts..... Where as taking it out simply made it Top jackpot and 25p play??
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

as long as your happy with the jackpot and the machine doesnt alarm, the dtake prize key doesn't really matter
colinhayter

Post by colinhayter »

Hi buzzer, All done, found another bank of 8 microswitches top right as it goes, with number 1 switched on, so simply flicked it to off and voila!!!!! (Wonder what all the other 7 switches do???)
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

they are rarely used tbh, noyhing interesting lol
colinhayter

Post by colinhayter »

Cheers buzz.... Have put a new post on now ref another machine... cliffhanger...