Barcrest Club Machine Percentage problems

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
Roppa11

Barcrest Club Machine Percentage problems

Post by Roppa11 »

Hi

I've recently acquired a barcrest club machine and I can't get much playability out of it. Regardless of the percentage settings I put it on between the available 72-86% it game overs the 2nd time around the board without fail.

I've tried a variable percentage key but understand these do not work on club barcrest machines. The machine is mpu5, when scrolling through the refil key menu it is saying its target is whatever I set it to, ie 84.00% but there is another display that says percentage 0.00.

I've also changed the stake from 5p to 10 on £100 jackpot but it hasn't made any difference.

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks
lee

Post by lee »

When you change the percentage it takes a while to settle down and especially if its a clubber,because its on 5p/10p play and on £100 jackpot it will take a while to settle and if you win a big amount it will take a while to claw it back,you probably need to set it on the highest price of play with the lowest jackpot and the highest percentage it will go on and leave it to run at that
Roppa11

Post by Roppa11 »

lee wrote:When you change the percentage it takes a while to settle down and especially if its a clubber,because its on 5p/10p play and on £100 jackpot it will take a while to settle and if you win a big amount it will take a while to claw it back,you probably need to set it on the highest price of play with the lowest jackpot and the highest percentage it will go on and leave it to run at that
Cheers I've tried to increase the stakes but I get invalid messages on anything above 10p for £100 jackpot. I understand what you're saying as I had wondered if this was the case myself it just renders playing it pretty pointless as you know you're going to get game over every 2nd time around the board.

I might change it up to 30p for £250 and see if that improves it any. It's a shame you can't override the settings and use a variable percentage key.

Thanks
lee

Post by lee »

Cant understand why it won't accept a variable stakes and prizes key especially if there is a socket for a percentage key to fit in,Can it be set on the dil switches,
The hit ratio on 30p -£250 is a better hit ratio than the other combinations,
And that other percentage that said 00 could be the actual percentage and if you have been changing the price of play and percentage the machine will reset actual percentage,it could take approx 30000 plays to level the percentage to what you want,so when you set it to what you want you need to leave it to take its course
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

the dil switches on club machines can also adjust the %.

i would taker a note of the switch settings (both sets) , then switch them all off and try the variable key...
Roppa11

Post by Roppa11 »

Thanks for the replies I'll give it all a go. Just I read somewhere that club machines don't take the variable keys. I've set it up to 30p for 250 but it's still the same issue. I'll keep fiddling around with it.
Roppa11

Post by Roppa11 »

Update - I've tried the machine on different settings between 72-86% (gave up in variable key) nothing makes a difference it continues to game over the 2nd time around the board.

Does anyone have any clues to a way to sort this out - could it be a faulty prom? Can I short the mpu5 battery and see if this improves it. I played through over 200 spins and the percentage still sits at 0 with a target of whatever its set to 86% etc.

Going on ebay as spares if I can't rectify this as poor playability.

Thanks
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

i cant see it being a faulty prom...
could be corrupt ram and shorting the battery out might sort that out....
Roppa11

Post by Roppa11 »

lee wrote:Cant understand why it won't accept a variable stakes and prizes key especially if there is a socket for a percentage key to fit in,Can it be set on the dil switches,
The hit ratio on 30p -£250 is a better hit ratio than the other combinations,
And that other percentage that said 00 could be the actual percentage and if you have been changing the price of play and percentage the machine will reset actual percentage,it could take approx 30000 plays to level the percentage to what you want,so when you set it to what you want you need to leave it to take its course
Seems to be ringing true lee, I've not done 30000 spins but after playing it for a while it's levelling out and I'm not game overing as much. Glad it's saved as like the machine and would have hated to have been beaten by it. Thanks everyone.