Rob Da Bank is ill.....

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
Jules

Rob Da Bank is ill.....

Post by Jules »

'm trying to get my old (Barcrest MPU5) Rob Da Bank going after it was stored for 6 months, but on starting it alarmed and said Alarm 52-36, No Characteriser, No ID Chip. It was fine when stored.

I called Barcrest support who said it needed reflashing from a CF card and sent (sold) me the file.

I loaded the file onto the CF card and plugged it in and now it says on boot

Bootstrap V1.21
CPLD 01 PIC ????
ROBD0_6.BIN

The last is the filename of the file they sent me.

Support says to push the red test button to load the file from CF card but no amount of pressing it has worked so far. Pressing the button either short or long time changes nothing.

I seem to be stuck. Anyone got any ideas? Can it be brought back to life?

Jules
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

door switches working ok?

the file wont load if the door switch is in the closed postion..
Jules

Post by Jules »

Thanks, yes, front door is off and top door open. Wires to switches look undisturbed.
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

there is a hidden switch, down behind the reels, you have to press this simultainisly with the big red button to get the machine into test mode, (this is the big red button's primary function).

find the hidden switch then press red switch while holding down the hidden switch..
Jules

Post by Jules »

Buzzer I think you might have found the problem, but the switch is missing on my machine. i can see the two holes in the cabinet wall where it probably was and there is a 2 x 2 connector hanging there with 3 wires (all black) in it. If I could attach a switch it might work but which 2 wires? Photo attached I hope.

Thanks
Attachments
2015-05-28 09.25.37.jpg
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

that plug is for fitting a note acceptor. Leave it alone lol.

the hidden switch is pretty hard to spot...

get a torch and have a right loook around..
Jules

Post by Jules »

I think I might have found the hidden switch. It's the white one facing downwards in the centre of the attached pic? Quite near to the front door switch. However holding it down whilst pressing the red switch does not do anything. Display remains the same.. as pic attached. :(
Attachments
2015-05-28 16.17.31.jpg
2015-05-28 16.16.11.jpg
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

does pressing the start button toggle through the sd card menu, if so, use the the start button to change to the bootstrap file and try loading using the reb/hidden button.

the pic file is a security file, not sure why they sent that but use the buttons on the front of the cabinet to toggle through the sd card files then try installing.

it's been sooo many years since i last changed a mpu5 program this way, i just cannot remember the details of doing it.. (foggy brain)
Jules

Post by Jules »

Unfortunately, none of the buttons, including the start button have any effect at all.

I just restarted the machine whilst holding the red button in and now on boot it says

CPLD 01 PIC

instead of

CPLD 01 PIC ????

Then it just shows the .bin file name and then none of the buttons do anything, internal or external.
Jules

Post by Jules »

I think I am getting somewhere with this. I have bought my Rob Da Bank a used game board (originally from a Rainbow Riches) and now when I push the red button it uploads the file ....Hooray....but it then says wrong pic chip.

No problem, swap in the Rob Da Bank pic chip .... and we are back to red button not working. No data upload.

So I guess I need a Rob Da Bank pic chip?

Can anyone here supply one?

This one says on it RTC TR09