Getting Money Out - Barcrest Machine

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
Fiery Phoenix

Getting Money Out - Barcrest Machine

Post by Fiery Phoenix »

Hi

Picked up an old Barcrest machine called Blackjack Club

I have a key (circular) for the cabinet right at the very bottom which opens up and holds plastic trays where the 20p pieces drop. However £1 and £10p coins do not drop in here - although they are registered by the machine.

I am not sure where these go - however I can see a lock just under the Blackjack Club sign - different kind of lock to the circular one - more of a traditional key. However it is blocked (looks like by an old key) is this where the other coins are stored?

Will I have to bust it open or is there a way to get to it from the back of the cabinet?

Not checked yet as its pretty heavy to move by myself

Many thanks
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

the coins will be in the back of the machine in tubes.

but before you go destroying it, does it work?

these machines are collectable and could be worth a few quid..
Fiery Phoenix

Post by Fiery Phoenix »

Really?? How much??

Machine works fine - lights up, sound, etc. Prob a few bulbs gone as some of the cards do not light up, other than that - all ok

My Dad picked it up for me as a present / money saving device. Does not take the new 50p or 10p coins.

Cant find much about this machine on the old t'internet!
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

its about 20 years old and has a mpu4 powersupply and board, which have been obsolete for years, machine enthuisists are always on the look out for working parts.

i would shine up all the chrome , get it looking pretty then advertise it on gumtree...

i wouldnt worry too much about it not taking new 50/10p's
Fiery Phoenix

Post by Fiery Phoenix »

buzzer wrote:its about 20 years old and has a mpu4 powersupply and board, which have been obsolete for years, machine enthuisists are always on the look out for working parts.

i would shine up all the chrome , get it looking pretty then advertise it on gumtree...

i wouldnt worry too much about it not taking new 50/10p's
I may stick it on ebay or gumtree then. Any starting price ideas?
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

ask £150/£200 or offers....
Fiery Phoenix

Post by Fiery Phoenix »

My Dad opened up the back but the tubes are empty and we defo dropped several pound coins into it to test it worked (which it did)

All I can think of is that they have gone into the compartment which has the lock on (which is jammed) I guess the only way to know is to bust the lock??
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

now you have the door off, put a quid in and watch where it goes...