Machine Engineers - Oxfordshire region

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
Dick

Machine Engineers - Oxfordshire region

Post by Dick »

Hi

Does anyone know/can recomend an engineer that would cover the Oxfordshire area :confused:

Any pointers for this fruit machine virgin would help :cool:

Thanks

Dick
JG

Post by JG »

Is there a specific problem which maybe an on line engineer coud assist with?
JG
Dick

Post by Dick »

JG wrote:Is there a specific problem which maybe an on line engineer coud assist with?
Thanks for your reply

I picked up a mcahine @ the weekend & nothing seems to work ecxept the lights on the coin slot :mad:

I've opened it all up & the lights on the power supply are all working but no real noise is coming from it

The machine is made by ACE & is called Pot of Gold

Thanks
Dick
JG

Post by JG »

I remember the machine. It's getting on for 15 years old now and if it has been sitting around doing nothing much for the past few years, chances are the battery has leaked on the main printed circuit board. I may be wrong but I think this era of ACE machine used JPM's Impact technology. I'd wait for an engineer to discuss symptoms and then it's time to search for parts. If the power supply is putting out the right potential difference across various components but nothing much is working, chances are your main board has been damaged by battery acid leaking on it. That's the most likely fault anyway.
JG
Dick

Post by Dick »

Thanks JG

The machine was sat in a garage for some time I beleive but I dont beleive for that long

The person who gave it to me said an error message came up & mentioned one of the wheels was moving slower than the others. Now..... nothing at lights up at all. They gave me a spare power supply box also

I have about 8 red lights on the power supply, the coin mech lights & 2 red small diode type lights by two of the wheels

As this is my first machine I'd like to know if its worth fixing or not. I've done some google searches fro some engineers but it doesn't seerm that easy to find anyone!!!

Appreciate your help & any other pointers would be brilliant
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

This could take some time!

Id check battery on main board 1st.

ensure everything is all plugged in and not corroded (machines hate damp garages)
6 million ways to pie....choose 1
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

its an old machine, the coin mech lamp and reel leds only show that the power supply at least partially works, nothing more.

tbh, there are many things that could be wrong and wont be an easy fix if you don't know what you are doing...

you really need an engineer, could try an add in Gumtree or that, might get an engineer that would have a look on the fly for you.

or try local arcades, arcade techs usually make shit money, might get someone who would have a look on the side for you.. :)
Dick

Post by Dick »

Thanks for all the advice

I've opened her up, prodded & pushed all I could, cant find anything that looks like a battery on the main board???

From the advice given I might have to offer it to the scrap people that come around which is a shame as hes in good condition!!!

I'm sure its something simple or just hoping ;)

Thanks Dick