help needed to repair my machines

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
toffi

help needed to repair my machines

Post by toffi »

hi im new to this site hope someone out there can help? I have 2 fruit machines in my garage that both need repairing im looking for a engineer to come round and take a look at them they are club cardshark and club dungeons and dragons neither one seems to be firing up when you switch them on!! im based in Ipswich Suffolk so please help!!! ta andy
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

club card shark is a "vivid" machine which barcrest mpu5 technology.

attempt to power the machine up and look for a bank of LEDS on the main board.
you getting any of them flashing or turning on?

or

this might sound stupid but check the mains lead is pushed in fully,
barcrest power supplies are a very tight for mains leads, make sure you push it in as far as you can. (insert your own joke here ;) )

also look for a switch on the power supply unit, i'm not sure but i think there is a small (easliy missed) off/on rocker switch on them.

the other machine, i dont recognise the name, do you know the manufacturer?
toffi

Post by toffi »

hi buzzer cheers 4 reply will av a look tomorrow at ur suggestions I will check the lead is pushed fully in as nothing happening wen u switch on. whereas the other machine is a barcrest machine it's actually called dungeons&drag queens im not that way inclined but it is a v good machine!!! theres def power goin through it just dos'nt quite initialize also makes a horrible crackly noise as it's tryin 2 fire up!! cheers
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

toffi wrote:hi buzzer cheers 4 reply will av a look tomorrow at ur suggestions I will check the lead is pushed fully in as nothing happening wen u switch on. whereas the other machine is a barcrest machine it's actually called dungeons&drag queens im not that way inclined but it is a v good machine!!! theres def power goin through it just dos'nt quite initialize also makes a horrible crackly noise as it's tryin 2 fire up!! cheers
where is the noise coming from, the speaker? power supply?
anythnig on the display?
toffi

Post by toffi »

just had a look on the card shark def no power goin through psu however there is power to the is it called mpu5 board theres 4 green lights with 12- 12+ 24 36 written next to them then above theres 2 red lights 1 with status which is off&1 with halt which is on!! nothing on the display u can see whilst door closed. tried pushing plug in at back&switching psu on off.

on the dungeons&dragqueens noise coming from reels not really loud or crackly just hummy!! lights on the psu&mpu5 board and top half of machine seems to be fully lit but nothing on the front display screen! prob all caused by not being used over winter so exposed to cold weather as both machines in my garage which I converted to a games room hope this means something to you? cheers buzzer
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

check none of the reels are jammed, should spin freely by hand.

also look at the lights on the mpu5,
the led on the right hand side is called the status led, it has the ability to light either red or green.

power the machine up and watch this led closely, if it flashes any combination of red and green, note them down at post what it flashes

example: 3 red/ 2 green.
this is a type of error code which can hint to whats wrong with the machine, used in situations where the mpu5 cannot fully power up and use the display to report errors...
toffi

Post by toffi »

hi buzzer just checked on dungeons one when you switch it on the led lights are 6 lights 1st 1 is green 2nd off permanently rest are all green!! also 3rd reel dosen't spin freely and the hummy noise has gone back to previous noise of the hopper emptying (is empty)!!

on the cardshark 6 lights 1st 1 is off (halt)2nd alternates from 2red 1green(status one)&rest are all green&on also on the front display there is a row of j's.

silly question are all psu's universal could I not try&switch em round see if cardshark works with dungeons psu?
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

the one with the hopper running, put some coins in it, it might just need to finish paying out a win..
toffi

Post by toffi »

don't have any pound coins in house&not sure that's the prob as It stopped making that noise whilst reels were humming but gone back 2 it now. what bout led sequences I gave in last post any clues there?&the tryin psu in diff machine is that poss? also 3rd reel not spinning round freely could b a cause same question with those r they universal&are they difficult 2 change? ;)
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

2 red 1 green is ram test fail, easiest thing for you to do is swop out the mpu5.

you can swop the power supplies over if you want but i doubt any of them are faulty.

mpu5 power supplies very rarely go wrong....
toffi

Post by toffi »

hi do you mean get a new mpu5 board 2 replace? so what exactly am I trying to buy is it whole thing or just the front bit that clips out? just looked on ebay few on there for bout £10 if it's whole board how hard is that to replace? hopefully its just the front bit be lot easier lol cheers
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

this is the mpu5
swop them round , both machines have on.

this is the gamecard

this plugs into the mpu5, remeber to leave it with the correct machine as it has the program on it.. :)
toffi

Post by toffi »

hi that looks like the part in card shark cant see same one in dungeons looks like a circuit board type in that one. so to clarify I should buy the mpu5 boards not the gamecards. and how exactly do they fit on? as I just looked cant see any screws seemed to be just stuck to the back board of machine sorry 2 sound stupid mate but appreciate your help be so happy if I can get them up and running cheers :)
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

i thought u said the dungeons one had an mpu5 in post 5 lol

from post 5
on the dungeons&dragqueens noise coming from reels not really loud or crackly just hummy!! lights on the psu&mpu5 board and top half of machine seems to be fully lit but nothing on the front display screen! prob all caused by not being used over winter so exposed to cold weather as both machines in my garage which I converted to a games room hope this means something to you? cheers buzzer

yeah i think the cardshark might need a new mpu5, difficult to say though without seing the machine firsthand and i wouldnt want to advise you to spend money for nothing...

who makes the other machine, can u post a picture of it.

ps, there is a large clip on the side of the mpu5 that holds it in, real easy to change.. :0
toffi

Post by toffi »

hi ya sorry when I wrote that post I didn't really know what an mpu5 was!! I've now found a manual 4 my dungeons one its a global club dungeons and dragqueens dec 2003 it runs on a epoch set-up? I've put few pics on of what I think is the game board funnily enough the reels spin freely now&i flicked a black switch (4 in a row)and the hopper noise stopped. on the pic of the mpu5 on cardshark is the clip your talking about the white thing on top&bottom of board? cheers

right tried to upload pics but keeps coming up as undefined?? i went to insert image then selected jpeg files and uploaded files then keeps saying undefined? any ideas?