Any roaming fruit machine engineers

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
Saurus

Any roaming fruit machine engineers

Post by Saurus »

I noticed a website the other day, quoting quite a hefty price for home fruit machine repairs but not in my area which is Surrey, does anyone know of fruit machine engineers or knowledgeable people able to fix your machine for a price?
Saurus

Post by Saurus »

[quote="aaamusements.co.uk"]I might be able to recommend someone. What do you need doing?[/QUOTE

Thanks for the reply,

right Its regarding another topic I started below regarding the Mazooma Italian Job with the reel 1 error, now I'm quite happy to pay a reasonable price to someone that is relatively local and trustworthy, the machine is in my shed that is cold but dry and sound. I do have the manual.

Cheers

Eric
aaamusements.co.uk

Post by aaamusements.co.uk »

I will see if I can think of anyone nearby who is reliable and would be willing to have a look.
Saurus

Post by Saurus »

Look forward to hearing from you, thanks for taking the time - Eric
aaamusements.co.uk

Sorry forgot all about this and not been on here for a while.

Do you still need someone to look at this or is it sorted by now?
Saurus

Post by Saurus »

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes I do need an engineer, someone I know who looks after fruities told me how to change
the reels over, which I sussed out over the weekend, and the reel wont move freely now
that I have changed it from Reel 1 to 3 and it still shows the reel 1 error message.

So if you can point someone in my direction it would be appreciated

cheers

Eric
aaamusements.co.uk

If the error stays in the same place when you move the reel then it's likely that you need a new MPU board, or your current one needs fixing.
Saurus

Post by Saurus »

Right, going back to this, when I said I had moved the reel I had not actually disconnected the wiring, so I guess it stills thinks its on reel 1, some one said squeee the wiring loom which I have done and that has not solved it, and some one else suggested it might be the magnets, I do need an engineer so if you can help?
reelman

Post by reelman »

When swapping the reels, you must also swap the connections ~ simply pull the wires off each of the reels, and push them back onto the new reel. This should aid diagnosis, and make the need for an enginerr much less likely, once the results are known.
Saurus

Post by Saurus »

Hello Reelman

Got the time yesterday to swap the connections between reel 1 & 2 and now that the wire connections for reel 2 is connected to the physical
reel 1, the conclusion I made was that the reel itself is the problem and that it is the motor. Can you suggest further action please?

Cheers Eric
Saurus

Post by Saurus »

Just wanted to close this issue with a problem solved.

Reelman had the best answer in the end, the motor had gone on one reel, contacted the people i got the machine from
and they sent me out a reel free of charge, we managed to change it and hey presto I have a working fruit machine
at not cost.

Thanks all
aaamusements.co.uk

Good result.
It's always worth attempting some simple repairs like this yourself as it's cheap and gives you a great sense of satisfaction!
beans4

Post by beans4 »

aaamusements.co.uk wrote:Good result.
It's always worth attempting some simple repairs like this yourself as it's cheap and gives you a great sense of satisfaction!
Well i think its all nice of ya to help.