How to disable alarm 48

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
ta-2d

How to disable alarm 48

Post by ta-2d »

Hi, ive got a power problem with my QPS machine, sometimes the machine just switches off and resets itself and its started alarming when i switch it on, the machine will try initialising a few times then the alarm 48 sounds, is there a way of muting this alarm? or do u think its a power supply unit i need to buy?

It has a Sanken power supply Model SPS077W

If i need a new power unit how much would one cost and where can i buy one?

cheers guys, heres my machine
http://www.readersheds.co.uk/share.cfm?SHARESHED=3038
directleisure

new supply

Post by directleisure »

Its a power supply required,its no good muted it as its always going to keep reseting itself.
You can get away with taking the case off the power supply and turning the power pot up just a tiny bit and that will work or buy a new supply if your not that sure how to do that.
hope this helps.
Del.
ta-2d

Post by ta-2d »

Thanks Del, appreciate it
ta-2d

Post by ta-2d »

Del what do i do?
Wheres the part to turn up the output?

directleisure

Post by directleisure »

the little pot at the back on the right.(brown) only a little bit though,Too much will make the circuit over load nad go mental.

Hope this helps.

If not I have a few in stock i can do to you at cost price.

Del
ta-2d

Post by ta-2d »

Was at 3 i gave it a little turn to 5, that too much? sorry to keep on but i really dont have a clue with this kinda thing, havent switched it on again till im sure this isnt too much of a power increase, thanks again Del
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

i'd do it a fraction at a time until the problem stops, as Del says you don't want to go too much with it.
ta-2d

Post by ta-2d »

Turned it up a fraction, powered back up and now got a payout error 17, any help?? is it likely a fuse has blown? as the hopper turns ok by hand and think a jam is unlikely
ta-2d

Post by ta-2d »

tried the machine on free play test mode and it worked but the lights were dim and i heard a buzzing noise from the power supply so turned the power pot down a tad back to nearer 3 and its working fine, will pm u Del if i get any more probs and maybe sort out buying a new power supply, cheers again