Wont pay out ?

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
roy-me-boy

Wont pay out ?

Post by roy-me-boy »

Hi there. My brother died 4 years ago and left me is Jennings Bingo Belle one armed bandit,it is all original and still on 6d play. Since i have had it it as been great until the other week when one of the kids put a 1p coin in,i managed to hook it out but it fell down into the machine.I never thought anything of it until i had a winning line come up but it wouldn`t pay out.I know nothing about machines( i wish now i had took more notice when my bro was tinkering with them,he had had slot machines since he was 13 and was mad on them and knew them inside out,he was 50 when he died so along time)
The machine still plays well,you put 6d in,the handle pulls and the reels spin round like they always have,but if you get a winning line then you just hear a click and no payout.By the way i still can`t find the 1p,so it may be wedged ??
Could someone please help if you have any idea what could be wrong,much appreciated..Roy.
ben twilly

Post by ben twilly »

it sounds pretty much like you've answered your own question. sounds like the 1p is wedged in the payout mechanism.

your going to have a dig about it inside it, and find that penny,even the old mechanical ones are easy enuf to take apart. and youtube and google are your friends.

see this vid on mechanical fruit machines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMkD6NYRFDM
roy-me-boy

Post by roy-me-boy »

ben twilly wrote:it sounds pretty much like you've answered your own question. sounds like the 1p is wedged in the payout mechanism.

your going to have a dig about it inside it, and find that penny,even the old mechanical ones are easy enuf to take apart. and youtube and google are your friends.

see this vid on mechanical fruit machines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMkD6NYRFDM
Thanks very much ben,i thought as much.
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

I am very sorry for your loss. If you have a look around the machine it will tell you the company that made it, when you know who this is, try to contact them for advice, but if it is too old you have no chance of any help down this avenue. It will help if you can descripe the machine in more detail. Don't rip it apart until you know a little bit more about the machine.
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
roy-me-boy

Post by roy-me-boy »

Hi Stevie thanks for your message much appreciated.me and my wife have just followed bens advice and we had a dig about with the help of a strong torch ! and we found the 1p lodged down where the pay out slides are,it took 1/2hour but we got the bugger out and HEY PRESTO!!! It`s working fine now and paying out again..this is the best Christmas pressy i have had...Thanks again to you both.
ben twilly

Post by ben twilly »

@roy-me-boy. glad to be of service. pleased the machine is back to full working condition, the next problem is how long will it take to pay the jackpot out?? lol all the best mate, and have a good new year.
roy-me-boy

Post by roy-me-boy »

Just thought i`d put a pic of my Jennings Bingo belle on now she is working fine..thanks for all your help guys !
Attachments
jennings_930.jpg
jennings_930.jpg (2.45 MiB) Viewed 452 times
ben twilly

Post by ben twilly »

well roy thats an absolute cracker, its called the "old indian head" machine, story has it you used to rub the indians head for luck.

do you realise the value of that machine?? and i assume you have it listed on your house insurance. and is that the original stand aswell? an easy 1500- 2000 grand all day long

i know its of great sentimental value, but get it listed on the insurance, trust me on that
roy-me-boy

Post by roy-me-boy »

ben twilly wrote:well roy thats an absolute cracker, its called the "old indian head" machine, story has it you used to rub the indians head for luck.

do you realise the value of that machine?? and i assume you have it listed on your house insurance. and is that the original stand aswell? an easy 1500- 2000 grand all day long

i know its of great sentimental value, but get it listed on the insurance, trust me on that
Crikey me!!! I thought about £500.00. Thanks for that mate. Me bro used to tell me to rub the indians head for luck ! I have a spare Brass Indian head as well from me bro. Thanks again matey ! Happy New year .
ben twilly

Post by ben twilly »

your welcome mate anytime, check out this link below, when 1 sold at auction at christies 8 years ago for £881 quid. WITHOUT THE STAND

http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/lot_ ... ID=4093204