Start button no longer working on my JPM - Red Arrow

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
SnudgeBen

Start button no longer working on my JPM - Red Arrow

Post by SnudgeBen »

Hi does anyone know if it is possible to purchase a XGG52-88 Micro switch for the start button on a red arrow.

My start button is no longer working after one of my amateur mates lost the head trying to hit wild thing :) . After taking apart the button i've narrowed it down to the micro switch which is made from SAIA in Switzerland is no longer clicking, and i cant open it to see what's broken inside, but there's a rattling noise so something has obviously broke inside it. So i need a replacement.

The details written on the switch are as follows

16 (6)A 250V~T85 5E4
XGG52-88

Does anyone know where i can buy another switch from? i've searched the net and the SAIA website but no luck trying to find the exact part. Or if anyone has old parts for JPM machines then get in touch as i would happily pay for a replacement switch.

Any help much appreciated.

thanks
Ben
borgred

Post by borgred »

hi what year machine made
lxrixta

Post by lxrixta »

Hi there snudgeben, have you tried ebay? most microswitches are similar in design but vary in rating, however im fairly sure you can locate a spare on there or a local electronics spares supplier. :)
dazzer

Post by dazzer »

if the machine has a transfer button you could use that till you get a new one for the start button
SnudgeBen

Post by SnudgeBen »

Cheers for the replies, not sure what year the machine was made. was around during the £15 JP days so talking 10 years now at least.

It doesn't have a transfer button, was made before they existed :( but would have been a good idea cheers.

And yeah tried ebay had no luck.

Managed to track one down on this site http://www.eurocoin.co.uk but the site fucks up as soon as you go to pay. Mailed them twice about it with no reply.

Any other ideas are welcome as still dont have the part.

cheers for the replies so far.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

go in an arcade and ask them to sell you one,chances are they'll have loads that they have stripped from machines over the years before trashing them.
borgred

Post by borgred »

hi i have hundreds of micro switches for fruitys, :)