Crazy Pays - Project Coin

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
Jamz

Crazy Pays - Project Coin

Post by Jamz »

Hi All,

Ive been trying to fix my fruit machine for a while now, but here's whats wrong with the unit.

When i turn the machine on, reels one and two spin and lock into position... but reel three just keeps spinning!

I have tried switching the wires around to check if its the wires, but which ever wire is pluged into reel three on the MPU, the reel just keeps spinning.

The machine will not do anything else till it all locks into position.

All the lights work, and the unit goes through the model number on the display at the front.

Can someone help please... do i need a new MPU, or is there a program which i can use to plug into the data port on the unit?!

Many Thanks

James
Jamz

Post by Jamz »

Anyone know?
PHOENIXLEISURE

:)

Post by PHOENIXLEISURE »

Hi I have opened a site with a forum with answers to all questions but you have to pay to join £5.00 We have qualified techs on site 7 days and they do have a great knoweledge of machines and helping amateurs.
"Technician Not Magician"
Jamz

Post by Jamz »

what sites that like?
Jamz

Post by Jamz »

bump
TTX

Post by TTX »

Sounds like the opto tab is missing from reel 3. It keeps spinning because the machine can't work out what position the reel is in.

Look at reels 1 & 2 - there should be a small plastic tab somewhere on the rim of the reel drum. It's probably missing on reel 3.

If the tab *is* present, just replace the reel unit. The fact that it does the same on any connector proves it's not the loom or MPU!

Hope this helps, have fun fixing! :)
Jamz

Post by Jamz »

There is a tab there, and it wont be the reel, as if you put reel 3 into position 1, the reel works fine....

Which ever reel is connected to the reel 3 wire keeps spinning
TTX

Post by TTX »

Ah, I'm with you now, I misread your post! Get a multimeter and check the continuity of all wires from reel 3 to the MPU.

Failing that, go to http://www.fruitemu.co.uk and post there, someone should be able to help you fix the MPU. The forums there are strictly for older machines like yours and there are lots of people "in the know".
eurobuskers

Post by eurobuskers »

if its the opto tab the other reels would work, however, if the circuit from the opto tab to the cct board is dodgy you should have your problem there.
for the moment I dont have a machine, so my memory of ancient machines and my degree in electronics are doing the work.
check also the cable from the tab to the board as your man said. just check the continuity of each wire - this should be easy if your not colour blind. sometimes the problems can come from used connectors. even if they dont move, the reels turning etc make vibrations and can break certain points in the connictivity.
Good luck
Jamz

Post by Jamz »

Cheers guys... will give that a try
BRISTOLMAN

Post by BRISTOLMAN »

also, if its and idc connector on the reels (IE you push the wires into the metal pins) it may be an idea to pull each wire out trim and refit, like eurobuskers said its old and brittle, you wont see a brake in the wires but trust me it happens and is a right pain