Note Acceptor Monopoly

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
dfdragonfly

Note Acceptor Monopoly

Post by dfdragonfly »

Hi Guys, Just bought my 4th fruit machine,

Anyone know what note acceptor & loom is needed for it?

Many Thanks
reelman

Post by reelman »

On the assumption you have the Bellfruit version, I would recomend an NV10, which simply connected directly to a pre-installed wiring harnes. You will have to set the BNV code though, which is detailed in the manual.
dfdragonfly

Post by dfdragonfly »

Hi, Im sure its bell fruit also i dont have the manual :-(.
reelman

Post by reelman »

On the top glass, you will see a blanking plate, which is where the NA fits. It is held in place from behind by 4 x nuts, and in close proximity to it, you will hopefully see the wiring harness different note acceptors. It should have different connectors on, enabling different NAs to be used. The NV10 is still the best for this particular machine, in my opinion. You may also need some metalwork for it too (chute and the note vault) but it's not really important just for home use?
You will need to clear the RAM of your machine, and then sync it with the NV10 by inputting the BNV code. If you need a manual for this specific machine, I may be able to get an original scanned in and e-mailed to you, but there would be a fee for this. Please pm me for further details of this if wanted.
dfdragonfly

Post by dfdragonfly »

Hi, Thanks for your reply, When i look at the NV10 It looks too big for the blank plate on the glass. Too fat (Depth). Also my machine is Road to Riches - Monopoly thinking mazooma?.

The manual i could prob get hold of, as the my mate builds my machines for me. I was gonna get him to put not acceptor on but i want to try do it my self as i learnt other bits and its handy to have a know how.

I have a few probs with the hopper as well. it is funny with pound coins, now i know it could be it needs cleaning which i tried. but the pounds sometimes have to go in on the heads facing right or tails facing, some just take lot of attempts and certain spins and some just wont have it. can you kindly guide me to get to the eye make sure im cleaning correct places? if you wouldn't mind.. Many thanks

Appreciate all your help!
reelman wrote:On the top glass, you will see a blanking plate, which is where the NA fits. It is held in place from behind by 4 x nuts, and in close proximity to it, you will hopefully see the wiring harness different note acceptors. It should have different connectors on, enabling different NAs to be used. The NV10 is still the best for this particular machine, in my opinion. You may also need some metalwork for it too (chute and the note vault) but it's not really important just for home use?
You will need to clear the RAM of your machine, and then sync it with the NV10 by inputting the BNV code. If you need a manual for this specific machine, I may be able to get an original scanned in and e-mailed to you, but there would be a fee for this. Please pm me for further details of this if wanted.
reelman

Post by reelman »

You are no doubt looking at a "naked" NV10, without the mounting bezel. It is the mounting bezel that fits to the glass, and then the NV10 fits to it.
Not sure what you mean by the hopper is not taking coins ~ you presumably mean the coin mech is either not taking coins, or perhaps not routing them correctly to the hopper. The coin mech can easily be cleaned, but they are very succeptable to poor voltages from the PSU.
I would suggest swapping the coin mech for another (always good to have a spare) and see if there is any difference, before going much further. Obviously give both sides of the opening flap a good clean first though.
dfdragonfly

Post by dfdragonfly »

Hi Realman, Many Thanks, Yeah i meant coin mech.... any tips on making sure i buy the right one? and best place to buy note acceptor? many thanks!
reelman

Post by reelman »

Sorry for delay in responding, but easiest place is probably flea bay, although you can also request parts on here, and I'm sure you'll be offered what you need fairly quickly. As for the coin mech, simply get the same as what you've already gor, whether it be a cashflow 126 or something else, as there will be absolutely no problem with routing plugs etc. Don't throw the old one away though, until the new on is in place, and fully operational.
Alternatively, you could always try someone like eurocoin, who repair coin mechs for the trade, and also sell note acceptors, but I am not sure if they will deal with Joe Public.
dfdragonfly

Post by dfdragonfly »

Hi, Thanks for your reply, I spoke to my man that does them and whom i buy from all the time. hes said this one dont have all the looming or casing, so hes giving me the whole lot and show me how to do it all. also hes gonna give me a new coin mech for free.. I appreciate all your time and efforts.

many thanks.