Tubes not paying out - Supertubes

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
wayne123

Tubes not paying out - Supertubes

Post by wayne123 »

Hi

after my complete disaster with Poker Face fruit machine, i have got

Barcrest - SuperTubes - £4 jackpot

Anyhow there are four payout tubes

10p , token , 50p and £1 9 (in that order)

basically the 10p and 50p tubes do not payout, the cash out meter updates but nothing,

it is a MPU4 board in it, anyhow

has anyone got any ideas??

Also I would like to convert it to new 50p, I also have ACE poundstrecher that needs converting to new 50ps too

Thanks in advance for your help (fingers crossed)
reelman

Post by reelman »

Bloody hell, an old tubed machine.
Very easy to fix ~ but need to identify which of a few possible problems your machine has.
Here's a few ideas to get you going
1. The electrical pulse is not getting to the solenoid. What happens is that after years of vibration, the electrical connector on the solenoid snaps off. Seperate wires still trip the meters though. Try swapping the wires from a working solenoid onto the non-working solenoid. See if that makes a difference ~ be aware though that when testing the 50p solenoid for example, connected up to the £1 wiring, you will need to pulse the £1 to work the 50p solenoid.
As for converting to the new coinage, are you still referring to the tubes? If you don't also change the coin mech, the machine will not allow the new coins to be accepted, or route them to the modified tubes.
Have fun
wayne123

Post by wayne123 »

reelman wrote:Bloody hell, an old tubed machine.
Very easy to fix ~ but need to identify which of a few possible problems your machine has.
Here's a few ideas to get you going
1. The electrical pulse is not getting to the solenoid. What happens is that after years of vibration, the electrical connector on the solenoid snaps off. Seperate wires still trip the meters though. Try swapping the wires from a working solenoid onto the non-working solenoid. See if that makes a difference ~ be aware though that when testing the 50p solenoid for example, connected up to the £1 wiring, you will need to pulse the £1 to work the 50p solenoid.
As for converting to the new coinage, are you still referring to the tubes? If you don't also change the coin mech, the machine will not allow the new coins to be accepted, or route them to the modified tubes.
Have fun
Thanks for that, on the other fruit machine site, someone said to check the board for a battery leak (looks like i;ve got one), ive got another machine, poundstrecher by ACE with the 50p tube not paying out,

forgot to mention also on Supertubes, it seems that the coin level sensors are not working

thanks again for your repsonses!!
Attachments
STA60134.jpg
reelman

Post by reelman »

Very unlikely that the battery is anything to do with 1 or 2 tubes not working, when the others are, especially when the meters are being pulsed. I suspect someone is trying to sell you a battery.
Do you have a manual, as this will tell you how to put this particular machine into test mode, which will allow you to test the solenoids, and the level sensors.
Is the "faulty" level sensor on the same "faulty" payout tube, as if so, this would suggest a common fault. Please answer before I go too far down this road.
I also forgot to ask earlier, do your solenoids make a "clunking" noise, but still not pay out, or is there just nothing, as this could help identify the problem too.
wayne123

Post by wayne123 »

reelman wrote:Very unlikely that the battery is anything to do with 1 or 2 tubes not working, when the others are, especially when the meters are being pulsed. I suspect someone is trying to sell you a battery.
Do you have a manual, as this will tell you how to put this particular machine into test mode, which will allow you to test the solenoids, and the level sensors.
Is the "faulty" level sensor on the same "faulty" payout tube, as if so, this would suggest a common fault. Please answer before I go too far down this road.
I also forgot to ask earlier, do your solenoids make a "clunking" noise, but still not pay out, or is there just nothing, as this could help identify the problem too.
Sorry for the delay, no sound is made when trying to pay out. thanks
reelman

Post by reelman »

On the information you have given thus far, my initial diagnosis remains unchanged. The most likely cause of your problem is that the electical pulse required to operate the solenoids, is not reaching all of them. Most likely reason for this is metal fatigue of the connectors that sit on the solenoids. Give each of the a gentle tug, and it is likely that you will find a loose connection. Failing that, trace these wires back to a common point, and you will find a dry solder joint here. If it were a dry solder joint, I'd have thought all your solenoids wouldn't be pulsing, and that the levels sensors wouldn't be functioing, but as some are, then it's more likely to be the connectors on the solenoids themselves. Please let us know how you get on.