astra £500 party games slotto

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
britney

astra £500 party games slotto

Post by britney »

hi, not sure if anybody can help?
have a party games slotto £500
worked fine, but now when switched on lights up
but screen says "no signal"
" analog signal out"
"going to sleep........."

any ideas???
many thanks
jagman

Post by jagman »

Hi I have the exact same machine and when turning it on today its doing the same thing, did you manage to fix yours? If not does anybody have any ideas what is wrong? I would be grateful for any help please, thanks very much
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Its tierd?
jagman

Post by jagman »

???
lee

Post by lee »

Monitor is faulty
jagman

Post by jagman »

Hi lee thanks for the reply if the screen is faulty will that stop the machine from booting up fully? And what's the best way of going about a fix any ideas, thanks for any help in getting this up and running again
lee

Post by lee »

I used to repair these ,I think they are made by chi mei,On the board that the VGA lead plugs into there are some caps and some of them go down causing the monitor to shut down,you can plug a normal monitor in to test and this should confirm the monitor is at fault
jagman

Post by jagman »

Well I tried plugging the VGA lead from the slotto fruit machine into another moniter but that says the same thing. No signal.
Now inside the door of the fruit machine just under the touch screen there is a circuit board the size of a credit card it has a lead plugged in that's the same as a printer USB, there is also a spade type lead plugged into the top of the board which then runs along the bottom of the screen and then connects as thun wires going up the side of the touch screen.
Now when the machine powers up at the bottom of this credit card circuit board in the middle there is a little green led light that flashes on and off, the writing along the side of the board says ELO 2500UZ REV.A

Is this any help I don't remember this light flashing before?
jagman

Post by jagman »

Thanks for taking the time to help it means a lot
lee

Post by lee »

Has your pc not turned itself off,that little elo board is the touchscreen controller,if you touch the screen you will see the led stop flashing and go solid green,that does not affect the monitor,I think this fault could only be monitor-VGA lead or pc and you seem to have ruled out most of it
jagman

Post by jagman »

Touching the screen makes no difference light just flashes maybe it is the PC not sending the sign all through the VGA cable that's why the monitor goes to sleep, I would have thought that even if the monitor wouldn't come on then the PC would still boot and the machine would start up but it just sits there the flashing lights at the top of the machine that came on at the end once it had done all its checks don't come and I have left it for over 30 mins to see if anything happened.
Also tried another VGA lead still no luck but my girlfriend just said she used it the other day she turned it on and went off to make a coffee while it booted up when she came back it had the blank screen so she turned it off and on again and it was fine.
Is the actual game loaded onto the little USB stick that's plugged into the PC inside the machine as I can't see a hdd?
I will give astra games a call tomorrow and see if they can help as i don't want to get rid of this machine but I also don't want to spend loads of money, I used to fix computers so if they can supply a part for a decent price I can fit it
Johnny's Amusements

Post by Johnny's Amusements »

Sounds like the PC is goosed. A common fault with Astra PC based games. Sticking a PC inside a fruit machine was never a good idea in my view.
Visit Johnny's Amusements @ 114 Gorgie Road in Edinburgh & see the newly opened Retro Section featuring old classics from the 70s & 80s like Line Up, Lucky 2s plus loads more !

http://www.johnnysamusements.co.uk
jagman

Post by jagman »

Hi Johnny any perticular part that would have gone would you have what I need to fix it? Or can I get what I need from eBay, thanks a lot for your reply
jagman

Post by jagman »

Well I fixed it!
It was the Ram I took the PC out of the cabinet opened it up and connected it to another monitor but still nothing so i gave it a good dusting took everything out put it back together but still nothing had a look at the 512mb of DDR ram and it had a burnt smell to it I had another stick in the house which I found and installed it and everything powered up, put it back in the fruit machine and everything works good as new.
I'm so glad I got it working again and it cost me nothing, that's cheered me right up I can have a happy fathers day now.
I hope this helps somebody else in the future if their machine stops working, thanks for the reply guys, all the best.
micky p

hi , i am having the same problem

Post by micky p »

hi i am having the same problem , i have taken the computer apart and can see two bits that clip in to it ,is these the bits you mean by DDR RAM CARDS and can i get replacements any where ?
many thanks mick
jagman wrote:Well I fixed it!
It was the Ram I took the PC out of the cabinet opened it up and connected it to another monitor but still nothing so i gave it a good dusting took everything out put it back together but still nothing had a look at the 512mb of DDR ram and it had a burnt smell to it I had another stick in the house which I found and installed it and everything powered up, put it back in the fruit machine and everything works good as new.
I'm so glad I got it working again and it cost me nothing, that's cheered me right up I can have a happy fathers day now.
I hope this helps somebody else in the future if their machine stops working, thanks for the reply guys, all the best.