Star Wars - A New Hope

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
chrisbaildon

Star Wars - A New Hope

Post by chrisbaildon »

Hi guys - i have just bought Star Wars A New Hope £70 jackpot off eBay but it didn't come with a manual. How can i adjust the volume on it please? I have found the red test switch but when i press it doesn't go into a test menu. What I am doing wrong & how do I get it into the test menu.

Any help much appreciated.

Chris
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

used to be this?

lock it all up and hold the hold buttons whilst turning the refill key, one of them should trigger the volume up and the next one down

iirc the botttom door has to be closed, no refill key and top door swich open then press the test button either once or twice for test mode

also refill key with top door open mght work..
arcadeclearanceltd

Post by arcadeclearanceltd »

Open all the doors then press and hold the red test button on the MPu and press the button behind the bottom door (not the dump button or door open switch,). The bottom button should be located somewhere in the bottom of the machine.

Cheers
Darren
Online Fruit Machine Sales
binsser

volume

Post by binsser »

? just use key and push either first or 3rd hold button??? or is that just the old ones!
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

On mine, it's turn the key and press the 2nd hold at the same time. If this doesn't work, you can do it through test procedures,
Scott

Post by Scott »

How Much did this set you back? They are fairly newish.
Cobwebs 👆
BFK

Post by BFK »

They're goin for about £500-£800 at the mo.
chrisbaildon

Post by chrisbaildon »

arcadeclearanceltd wrote:Open all the doors then press and hold the red test button on the MPu and press the button behind the bottom door (not the dump button or door open switch,). The bottom button should be located somewhere in the bottom of the machine.

Cheers
Darren
Online Fruit Machine Sales
Thanks for the replies to my problem & thanks particularly to Darren as using the above I was able to get into the test menu using this method and crank the volume up
chrisbaildon

Post by chrisbaildon »

Scott wrote:How Much did this set you back? They are fairly newish.
Hi, mine cost me £341 off eBay which I thought was reasonable as it also came with the note acceptor as well, which works a treat.

It has a couple of small issues, a couple which I have now fixed (the volume was really low, but that is now sorted and the guy that I bought it from couldn't get the main front opening casing to lock properly after opening it, but I just adjusted the locking hinge and sorted that yesterday. Just one small issue still to sort which I think I will raise in the technical area seperately as i have drawn a blank on sorting. But plays great, just need to search on here for a few tips.
minibee

Post by minibee »

How do you reset the clocks to zero on this machine please.

Money in , money out etc etc

Neil.
reelman

Post by reelman »

If by "clocks" you mean the mechanical meters, then forget it. If you mean the short term digital banks, that's relatively easy, but if you want to do the long term meters too, then more difficult.
As for how you get money in and moey out, please be more specific as to what the actual question is, as it could be interprated a number of ways.
minibee

Post by minibee »

When you first turn it on you get how much in , how much out , on the digital display .

Would be a good to reset it to zero so then I can see how much I've put in etc etc mate.
reelman

Post by reelman »

Not sure you can re-set these, but if they are coming on when you first turn the machine on, you've obviously got something set up "wrong" ~ "wrong" isn't the right word, as the machine isn't doing anything that it's not designed to do, it's just that in the real world, this function is dis-activated, otherwise every Tom Dick & Harry would simply flick it off and back on again at the mains in order to gain an "advantage" on knowing how much has been "won" by the machine, so that a "guestimate" can be made as to the likelihood of it paying out.
minibee

Post by minibee »

Just got my hands on a Empire strikes back fruit machine , Just need to turn the volume down "HOW"

Does the machine play all the features in demo mode.

Thanks for any help.

Neil..