B3 sit down ELVIS TOP 20 error code 16

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
mark

B3 sit down ELVIS TOP 20 error code 16

Post by mark »

got a sit down elvis top 20 multi player(only 1 machine tho)if you have any win and collect it (take the coins out)it comes up with error 16 mpu comm failed,but if you give it a couple of spins before you collect it ,it seems to payout ok?checked wiring seems ok any ideas...thanks ps ive no manual
ben twilly

Post by ben twilly »

yes mate, what i need you to do is open the machine up, then power it up, and you will have some green and red LED'S they will flash for example, the green may flash 12 times, and the red 4 times, or summat. i need you to have a look and take note of them.

they will keep doing it, as there is an error message stored in them. get that and i will be able to help you out.

on the offset its saying ther is a communication error. so find what the lights are doing. and get back to me. cheers.
mark

Post by mark »

did what you said. first 4 green L E D lights stay on but the green one next to the red flashes all time.red stays off..note when playing the game, still says multiplayer top 20 on screen although its a single machine will this affect it?
ben twilly

Post by ben twilly »

hi mark, yes it will affect it. as the machine you have bought will originally been part of a 3-4 player setup. First off id suggest going into your on-screen menus in the configuration section, and configure as a stand alone to start with.

you will also in the config screens be able to read any further faults and also clear the error fault logs
mark

Post by mark »

been in config cant see where stand alone is or the fault logs..in config multi player settings all there is DHCP enabled with a X.. at end of screen says off..
ben twilly

Post by ben twilly »

your doing it with a refill key aswell arent you??
mark

Post by mark »

turned the refil key all i get is hopper top up..accountancy...next hopper..collection..thats it..+ the amount in hoppers..this is with the top open..
ben twilly

Post by ben twilly »

error 16 can be comms break down to the note reader, coin mech and hopper make sure hoppers are not jammed, happens all the time and brings up error 16. failing that get a barcrest diplay and loom from any reel based machine and plug it in to mpu it will tell u exactly what the fault is.

i suspect the fault read "Error code 16 MPU error: USB comms failure"

however as it has an mpu5 board, aswell as a pc it can be a faulty mpu5 board, and or a faulty pc. the latter is very expensive. and basically the machine is useable for scrap parts. hence why there is loads hitting ebay at the moment.for a couple hundred quid. the arcades are selling them off as they just arent worth the 700 quid pc to fix them.

after speaking to the bloke who owns the mirage amusements in mablethorpe today! he has seen this plenty of times with the barcrest/igt machines as he has a few. some he has scrapped, some traded in. and the money earners like rainbow riches had them repaired. the latter 1 had a new pc installed by barcrest at a cost of 700. and that was trade.

you just really need to strip and inspect and re-seat all the looms to the said points above. before you start spending any money, or just put it back on ebay with a fault, you'll still get a couple hundred for it.
mark

Post by mark »

ok will check out looms to hopper..it didnt have a noter when i bought it so i put nv7 in, seems to work ok but maybe faulting it.could be why one wasnt in?they said" it had broke"...funny why it does it soon as you win and collect,but works after a few spins..just one question- running in multi player can it be changed to stand alone?its set to committed credit other is deposited credit not sure which its supposed to be on?do you know what DHCP enabled is(at mo its off), its in multi plyr setting..usually they have a bank & credit,well this only has credit..thanks...
ben twilly

Post by ben twilly »

well from that wot you just said., its in stand alone mode. dhcp means the operating system of the pc is set to be on its own if its "unclicked"

its a system that runs through windows, when you have 3or 4 machines together, its basically a network setting and system for a multiplayer machine set-up.

and im sure these are set to run nv10 noteys. however it could be a problem on the mpu5 board, hence why they left it without 1.
mark

Post by mark »

yea it said its off,dont know why still says multi plyr on screen?..anyhow ive been looking through every config it has and ive found in where it tells you what game is installed elvis top 20 b3 ect theres a config.looked in there and found credit set to deposit not to commit,but in game config it was set to commit,so i changed it to deposit. now there both set the same..so i put 5 pund in and played till i got a win then collected the coins and it WORKED..maybe a conflict fault ive fixed?well hopefully it will continue to work and not a temp fix...thanks for your help..ps just knowing how it should be setup thats the problem..need to look into nv10 let me know if they are meant for it or wether nv7 is ok it must have a note stacker as nowhere for notes to drop. do nv10 have stackers?.. thanks
ben twilly

Post by ben twilly »

just about any notey will work on them, however i seem to remember that they had 10's on. anyway il have a dig about and make a phonecall. does the nv7 work anyway? and dont forget your goin to have to have it floated anyway. for the note light to come on.
mark

Post by mark »

nv7 works ok taking the money,hopper floated(which i already know about)but just tried the machine today and it faulted on payout again,so i took out the noter and tried payout and it worked?could be a fault on loom to noter not sure.maybe thats why it came without the noter as they already knew this but said nothing?might need a new loom to noter but they arn't easy to get hold of..
mark

Post by mark »

Think it was the noter as ive changed it and now all working great..thanks